Blog Module for BrowserCMS
A simple blog module that lets users create multiple blogs.
- Users can easily create one or more blogs with their corresponding sections, pages and routes.
- Leverages BrowserCMS' built-in categorization and tagging and authorization framework.
- Comments are just ContentBlocks so they are versioned and moderated out of the box.
- Blog blocks can be added to any container in any page.
gem install bcms_blog
Set up your application to use the module
1. Edit config/environment.rb
config.gem "browsercms" config.gem "bcms_blog"
2. Run the following commands
script/generate browser_cms rake db:migrate
3. Edit config/routes.rb
Creating a Blog
When you create a Blog content block from the content library, all the structure needed for the blog to run is created for you. This includes a new section, 2 pages, a few page routes and a portlet.
The module provides a template that is a good starting point for your blog's layout. If you want to further customize the look and feel, just copy the file app/views/partials/_blog_post.html.erb on this repository to app/views/partials on your application and modify it to suit your needs.
Keep in mind that both the posts list and individual post pages are handled by the same partial.
- Tyler Rick
- Jon Leighton