This module allows editors to create a rotating jquery based slideshow. Each rotator can have up to five slides, which can feature an image, title and text that can auto rotate, or allow users to click on a specific slide to view it. It is commonly used on home pages to feature lots of content within a small area, with some visual interest due to the rotation.
- Rotator - Allows up to five slides in rotation. Staff can choose to enable autorotation, as well as how long between each slide.
- Slides - Each slide represents a single frame within the rotation.
- Preloading Slides - Editors can create as many slides as they like, and choose which slides should appear in the rotation and in what order.
Each slide can consists of the following attributes:
- Title (String)
- Alt Text (String)
- Image (File) - An uploaded image which will be shown as the background of the slide.
- Description (Html)
- Link Url (URL) - Determines where the user goes when they click the slide.
- Nav Title (String) - The name for the clickable link to changes slides (If left blank, it will show the name of the slide).
Follow the standard bcms module installation found here: http://guides.browsercms.org/installing_modules.html. If you are adding this to an existing project, you will also need to manually seed the database after running the migrations, like so:
$ rake db:migrate $ rake db:seed:bcms_content_rotator
Once this is complete, you can add a new "Content Rotator Portlet" to any page. Create several slides, and edit the content rotator to choose the order.
- Each rotator's template is editable through the UI
- By default, each slide has a 'Read More >>' link that will link to the Link URL (if the URL is specified).
Upgrading this module from versions < 1.2.0 will require manual updates to the database.
- There is now one migration named bcms_content_rotator120.rb, with some new fields for attachments.
- The image_url column has been replaced with attachment ids.