Event Module for BrowserCMS
An Event Module for BrowserCMS. Allows contributors to create and post new upcoming events.
- Events - Contributors can create Event content that represent Single or Multiday Events.
- Event Lists - Allows a complete listing of all published events in a reverse chronological order along with names and descriptions.
- Event Details - Allows visitors to see the complete details for each Event, including the ability link to external Event Registration pages.
- SEO Friendly URLs - Each event will have its own custom URL to display itself.
- Customizable Views - Event listings and detail pages can be styled using editable Portlet views.
The Event module installs like other BrowserCMS modules.
gem install bcms_event rails g cms:install bcms_event
If you are adding bcms_event to a project with an existing database, you will very likely need to manually seed the database like so:
When installing this module, it will create the following new pages/blocks.
- Event Page - A new Page 'Event' will be created at the root of the site, with an 'Event' portlet added. (Allows this page to display any Event)
- Events Page - A new Page 'Events' that will list all published events in a list.
- Event Route - A dynamic route to allow specific events to be shown by the Event page using a route like /events/:year/:month/:day/:slug
This module includes a new Event Content Type, with the following fields:
- Start and End Dates
- Contact Email
- Description - Used on the Event listing to summarize the Event.
- More Info URL
- Registration URL - Allows a link to external sites for registration.
- Body - For the detailed view page.