Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
[v4.0] in Context Editing
In Context Editing
Users can now edit most HTML content directly in the page. Icons indicate the area of the pages that are editable. Here are some of the highlights:
- No need to toggle the editor on/off. Just click the area of the page you want to edit.
- Full Edit - Click to edit in full text editor. Any changes made will be saved before going to the full editor. There is also a edit button on each block in the upper right hand corner.
- Remove blocks from page - Editors can select a block then remove it from the page via a button on the editor. Users will be prompted before its removed.
- Reorder content - Can move content blocks up or down within a page. Page will refresh after moving.
- Editable Page titles - Page title can be edited directly from the header.
- Preview Page - Editors can now preview the page without a toolbar or editing controls.
- Non-incontext Content - Not all content makes sense to be inline editable (for example portlets). For these content types, the previous move/remove/edit links now float in the upper right hand corner of the content block.