4.x IA Review
Clone this wiki locally
These are notes from an IA/UX review of the in progress 4.0.
- Stronger SEO features, including allowing users to define title formating (i.e. About Us | BrowserCMS) and automatically generating descriptions for both meta and search engines.
- 301 redirects - Automatically prompt user to generate a 301 redirect if they change a path.
- Enhanced Dashboard to show more workflow information - Most recently published, most recently put into draft, recently viewed items
- Buttons on toolbar feel removed from selected sitemap items.
- Add more columns to content library (last editor, locked/unlocked, icons for content types i.e. PDFs)
- Search by Content Type, Author, other metadata (better filters)
- Automatically push content to other social networks (Twitter, Facebook). Allow editor to craft message for each format.
- Move buttons from toolbar into body of page when editing content block in form.
- When adding a page, show the breadcrumb of where the page will live (i.e. section)
- Allow creating/editing, allow editors to change parent
- Panels/Tabs might allow us to split fields, but at the risk of hiding important information.
- Show last updated content when editing/viewing content.
- Review Dates - Allow content to have an automatically scheduled review date (i.e. 1 year) with notifications for editors to have them review content.
- Sitemap - Renamed 'Sitemap' to 'Pages'. Everything you access is addressable. Content Library -> 'Assets' are things are things you put on pages.
- Reusable content - Don't have all content blocks be reusable as text fields. Better solution might be to have blocks be opt in to be resuable.