Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
4.x IA Review
These are notes from an IA/UX review of the in progress 4.0.
- Stronger SEO features, including allowing users to define title formating (i.e. About Us | BrowserCMS) and automatically generating descriptions for both meta and search engines.
- 301 redirects - Automatically prompt user to generate a 301 redirect if they change a path.
- Enhanced Dashboard to show more workflow information - Most recently published, most recently put into draft, recently viewed items
- Buttons on toolbar feel removed from selected sitemap items.
- Add more columns to content library (last editor, locked/unlocked, icons for content types i.e. PDFs)
- Search by Content Type, Author, other metadata (better filters)
- Automatically push content to other social networks (Twitter, Facebook). Allow editor to craft message for each format.
- Move buttons from toolbar into body of page when editing content block in form.
- When adding a page, show the breadcrumb of where the page will live (i.e. section)
- Allow creating/editing, allow editors to change parent
- Panels/Tabs might allow us to split fields, but at the risk of hiding important information.
- Show last updated content when editing/viewing content.
- Review Dates - Allow content to have an automatically scheduled review date (i.e. 1 year) with notifications for editors to have them review content.
- Sitemap - Renamed 'Sitemap' to 'Pages'. Everything you access is addressable. Content Library -> 'Assets' are things are things you put on pages.
- Reusable content - Don't have all content blocks be reusable as text fields. Better solution might be to have blocks be opt in to be resuable.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.