Filo is a simple application to store links to stuff on the web that you want to read later. Yes, it's been heavily inspired by Instapaper, and I wrote the version just a few weeks after Instapaper's launch as a means to investigate a few alternatives in shaping the user experience.
Recently I decided to rewrote the application and move it to Heroku. You can find the current version at:
While at it, I also thought to open source it, so here it is.
- fully localized, using Rails i18n framework
- iPhone interface, powered by jqTouch
- Heroku ready
- uses Devise for authentication.
- Cucumber stories covering a good deal of the application's features.
These are the steps if you want to install your own copy of Filo in the cloud:
$ git clone http://github.com/bru/filo.git $ cd filo $ heroku create $ git push heroku master $ heroku rake db:migrate
- a lot. I have plenty of stories left in the icebox. Look this space for changes. On the other hand, feel free to fork and creovate.