GDL (GNU Data Language) is a free/libre/open source incremental compiler compatible with IDL
Contributors and timeline
- I first coded IDL at the U. of La Laguna, 2003-2004
- Then 3 years of IDL coding at the Max Planck and U. Goettingen in Germany (2005-2008)
- then 1 more at NRL, Washington.
- Explain the contents of the repo and add the official lib so that one could fork and use this repo as-is.
Why I am doing this
- Because, finally, there is a fairly easy and powerful way to share, contribute and publish your code.
- Because it took me a lot of time to end up with a working set of .pros and I hope this help the next ones.
- Because I've spend many hours coding many little tools I wished I had.
- Because, according to the Max Planck rules, one should make available the data of your PhD thesis so that your results are replicable. And I strongly agree with this.