Laptop is a script to set up your Max OS X laptop as a web development machine.
Download a compiler from OS X GCC Installer if you're on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) or Command Line Tools for XCode if you're on Lion (OS X 10.7). Mountlion Lion users can download the Command Line Tools for Mountain Lion
Run the script:
curl -s https://raw.github.com/bryanmtl/laptop/master/mac | sh
What it sets up
- SSH public key (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Homebrew (for managing operating system libraries)
- Git Flow
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- RVM (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby language (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bunch of commonly used gems (Sass, Compass, Stitch etc...)
It should take about 30 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.