Irssi HeartThunder Script
This Irssi script handles all the formatting/spacing needed for the #<3thunder IRC channel (on Foonetic). Just chat as normal and everything that gets sent to the channel will be appropriately spaced and prefixed with the 15-length(nick) and
If you have problems, open an issue (or fork/patch/pull-request) :)
To install, just drop the script (the
heartthunder.pl file) into your Irssi scripts folder (e.g.
$HOME/.irssi/scripts/). Then load it with
/load script heartthunder.pl
You should be good to go with the default settings (explained below). Just start chatting in #<3thunder and everything will be formatted automatically.
To automatically load the script with irssi, create a symbolic link to the script file in your
ln -s $HOME/.irssi/scripts/heartthunder.pl $HOME/.irssi/scripts/autorun/heartthunder.pl
There are several settings that you can modify, although the defaults should be perfect.
- heartthunder_channels - What channel to act upon. Separate multiple with a | (pipe)
- heartthunder_prefix - What to prefix your messages with
- heartthunder_spacing - The spacing rule. This is used in "spacing-length(nick)"
- heartthunder_me_as_action - Whether to send /me messages as /me (ACTION) or as a regular message with "/me" inserted.
- heartthunder_debug - Turn on debugging messages to your window. You probably shouldn't care, unless heartthunder_channels isn't working/matching right.
To change a setting, use the
/set Irssi command.
/set heartthunder_channels #<3thunder|#otherchannel
For more information, specifically on what "<3 thunder" means, its origins, and silly little things like that, please consult the XKCD wiki: http://wiki.xkcd.com/irc/Heart_Thunder