Project Desire is a web application that makes it easier for members within an organization to ship small parcels. It is built with the MEAN stack; in the back end, it utilizes Node.js, Express, and MongoDB. The frontend is built using Angular.
This project is a work in progress. Please check the Milestones for more information about the progress.
- Members can easily update their shipping addresses and set a default for others to ship to, eliminating the need for asking around for an address or relying on manual records
- Various shipping methods can be selected, enabling greater balance between cost and desired delivery speed
- Consolidated billing to the organization's shipping accounts at discounted rates, providing substantial savings and reducing individually purchased shipping expense claims
- Automatic email notifications with tracking information when something is shipped to you
- Organization administrators have access to a single record of all shipmemts and their contents, making it easier to track down a missing item
Project Desire is intended to be self-hosted, which provides flexibility. Once it is set up on an organization's server, members can access it using their existing Google account.
Additionally, as development progresses, a live demo app will be available that simulates the user experience. However, this demo is intented only to showcase Project Desire's capabilities rather than to provide a shipping manager that any individual can use.
This project is sponsored by Android Authority.