Stupid Simple URL Redirection
- You want a URL shortner and redirector. That is http://go.mydomain.com/magic should go http://www.myreallylongcomapnyname/geography/language/product/campaigncode/blah
- You are not looking to build a SEO business based on URL shortening services.
- You don't want to use all the multi-million dollar URL shortners.
- You don't want to contribute to link rot by using someone else's short lived "SEO startup"
- You are comfortable using a text editor.
- You understand that a URL shortening "service" is not.
- You know how to edit a file, configure a web server.
- You don't want to "maintain" this service anymore than getting a root canal.
- Less is more.
links.txtin the docroot of the domain.
- add rewrite rule (see nginx.conf for nginx example) to handle requests
- add new shortcuts to