btcrpcclient implements a Websocket-enabled Bitcoin JSON-RPC client package written in Go. It provides a robust and easy to use client for interfacing with a Bitcoin RPC server that uses a btcd/bitcoin core compatible Bitcoin JSON-RPC API.
This package is currently under active development. It is already stable and the infrastructure is complete. However, there are still several RPCs left to implement and the API is not stable yet.
- API Reference
- btcd Websockets Example
Connects to a btcd RPC server using TLS-secured websockets, registers for block connected and block disconnected notifications, and gets the current block count
- btcwallet Websockets Example
Connects to a btcwallet RPC server using TLS-secured websockets, registers for notifications about changes to account balances, and gets a list of unspent transaction outputs (utxos) the wallet can sign
- Bitcoin Core HTTP POST Example
Connects to a bitcoin core RPC server using HTTP POST mode with TLS disabled and gets the current block count
- Supports Websockets (btcd/btcwallet) and HTTP POST mode (bitcoin core)
- Provides callback and registration functions for btcd/btcwallet notifications
- Supports btcd extensions
- Translates to and from higher-level and easier to use Go types
- Offers a synchronous (blocking) and asynchronous API
- When running in Websockets mode (the default):
- Automatic reconnect handling (can be disabled)
- Outstanding commands are automatically reissued
- Registered notifications are automatically reregistered
- Back-off support on reconnect attempts
$ go get -u github.com/btcsuite/btcrpcclient
Package btcrpcclient is licensed under the copyfree ISC License.