Package hdkeychain provides an API for bitcoin hierarchical deterministic extended keys (BIP0032).
A comprehensive suite of tests is provided to ensure proper functionality. See
test_coverage.txt for the gocov coverage report. Alternatively, if you are
running a POSIX OS, you can run the
cov_report.sh script for a real-time
- Full BIP0032 implementation
- Single type for private and public extended keys
- Convenient cryptograpically secure seed generation
- Simple creation of master nodes
- Support for multi-layer derivation
- Easy serialization and deserialization for both private and public extended keys
- Support for custom networks by registering them with chaincfg
- Obtaining the underlying EC pubkeys, EC privkeys, and associated bitcoin addresses ties in seamlessly with existing btcec and btcutil types which provide powerful tools for working with them to do things like sign transations and generate payment scripts
- Uses the btcec package which is highly optimized for secp256k1
- Code examples including:
- Generating a cryptographically secure random seed and deriving a master node from it
- Default HD wallet layout as described by BIP0032
- Audits use case as described by BIP0032
- Comprehensive test coverage including the BIP0032 test vectors
Installation and Updating
$ go get -u github.com/btcsuite/btcutil/hdkeychain
- NewMaster Example
Demonstrates how to generate a cryptographically random seed then use it to create a new master node (extended key).
- Default Wallet Layout Example
Demonstrates the default hierarchical deterministic wallet layout as described in BIP0032.
- Audits Use Case Example
Demonstrates the audits use case in BIP0032.
Package hdkeychain is licensed under the copyfree ISC License.