I am an assistant professor of higher education and policy at the University of Florida. As a researcher, I have an interest in applying all things data science to higher education policy research. I teach a number of classes, including one to introduce quantitative workflow using R for PhD/EdD students.
- [R] rscorecard: R wrapper for U.S. Department of Education College Scorecard Data API
- [R] crosswalkr: Rename and encode variables using external crosswalk files
- [R] duawranglr: R Package to Securely Wrangle Dataset According to Data Usage Agreement
- [Python] grm: GitHub CLI classroom manager
Course/lessons focused on coding/quantitative research
- [R] EDH7916: Contemporary research in higher education
- [R] Workshop on R
- [Stata] LPO9951: PhD student research practicum
Each paper is linked in the repository README or on my webpage (contact me if you need access)
- Skinner, B.T. (2019). Making the connection: Broadband access and online course enrollment at public open admissions institutions. Research in Higher Education, 1-40.
- Skinner, B. T. (2019). Choosing College in the 2000s: An Updated Analysis Using the Conditional Logistic Choice Model. Research in Higher Education, 60(2), 153–183.
- Doyle, W. R., & Skinner, B. T. (2017). Does Postsecondary Education Result in Civic Benefits? The Journal of Higher Education, 88(6), 863–893.
- Doyle, W. R., & Skinner, B. T. (2016). Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation. Economics of Education Review, 53, 254–267
- Pronouns: he/him/his
- Contact: btskinner <at> coe <dot> ufl <dot> edu or btskinner on Twitter
- Website: btskinner.io