Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- Improved sound synchronization.
- Added BlargSNES DSP Core (experimental) for performance. The original Snes9X DSP core (default) suffers from sound skipping in some games like Aladdin and Gradius 3. You can choose which DSP core to use from the Options menu. The BlargSNES DSP Core sounds similar to the Snes9x Core for most games. Sounds like Final Fantasy 3's the howling wind sound different.
- Added support for Tengai Makyou Zero English Patch (for hopefully all future versions)
- Fixed slider problem in New 3DS (where one of the eyes always sees a black screen)
- Added button mappings and rapid fire settings like VirtuaNES / TemperPCE 3DS (thanks to AdmiralCurtiss)
- Added button configuration to open emulator menu and fast-forward (thanks to AdmiralCurtiss). Use with care, though. In some games, fast-forwarding can freeze/corrupt your game.
- Added a frame rate option to v-sync with the 60Hz 3DS refresh rate (thanks AdmiralCurtiss)
- Added an option to auto-save state when exiting and loading when starting a new game. (thanks AdmiralCurtiss)
- Added an option to force saving of SRAM, required by Yoshi's Island. (thanks AdmiralCurtiss)
- Show 3DS battery level in the bottom right of the menu (thanks ramzinouri)
- Increased scrolling speed in menu when holding down the D-pad.
- Added memory mapper support for Tengai Makyou Zero English Patch (version 1.0 released 22 Oct 2017)
- Supports most original BS Zelda (1-4, Map 2 1-4, Ancient Stone Tablets 1-4), except for the Remix version which still boots into black screen (thanks ramzinouri)
- Implemented SA-1 sleep speed-hacks on the following games. These games run faster and some are able to run at 60 fps on the Old 3DS when things on-screen aren't too busy.
Super Mario RPG; Kirby’s Dreamland; Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius; Kirby Super Star; Marvelous; Super Robot Taisen;
Panic Bomber World; Dragon Ball Hyper Dimension; SD Gundam Next; Power Rangers Zeo;
Daisenryaku Expert 2; Masters New Augusta 3; Bass Fishing; J96 Dream Stadium;
Shining Scorpion; Pebble Beach New; PGA European Tour; SD F1 Grand Prix;
- Fixed mode 7’s CLIP_10_BIT_SIGNED formula to use the original Snes9x’s formula. This fixes Super Chase HQ’s mode 7 intro.
- Imported SPC7110 decompressor chip code from Snes9x 1.52. Now Tengai Makyou Zero (Far East of Eden Zero) can boot after 2 restarts, and in-game graphics appears without problems.
- Fixed important bug in cheat engine so that it doesn't not increment the 65816 processor's clock cycles when enabling/disabling cheats.
- Fixed the problem of the menu not using the correct font when the emulator first boots up.
- Added one more mode when using the 3D slider for a sharper image.
- Major refactoring of code.
- Fixed SA1 MMC's memory map code by copying it from Snes9x 1.54.2. Now Super Mario World hack VLDC 9 boots.
- Fixed Mode 0 rendering bug. The original bug was there since day 1 and with this fix, Lagoon's title screen looks right.
- Transplanted the full SPC700 + DSP source codes from Snes9x v1.51 into this emulator. As a result, the sound emulation now supports Gaussian Interpolation, and has better accuracy. This fixes some sound problems in Clay Fighter and Mortal Kombat I and II.
- Fixed Mode 7 priorities in games that use this: Contra III's stage 1 (at the loss of some color fidelity). Implementing this required the use of some crazy math hacks and hardware tricks to pull this off.
- Implemented some experimental speed hacks for Super Mario RPG and Kirby's Dreamland. Runs slightly faster (still not full speed) on Old 3DS.
- Implemented hi-res translucency. We get non-flickering emulation of hi-res screens (Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, A.S.P. Air Strike Patrol) now as a bonus. As a result, Kirby's Dreamland is now playable.
- Invented a new cheat file format .CHX (text file) so that players can add cheats by using any text editor.
- Centralized the SNES output screen vertically on the top screen.
- Overhauled the user interface to give a more modern look as well as provide additional fonts.
- Added more screen stretch options as requested by many users.
- Added 3D slider support. Pushing up the 3D slider doesn't create any 3D effect, but may create a better viewing experience.
- Removed unnecessary debug messages during start up / shut down of the emulator.
- Fixed a bug when the SRAM still saves randomly when it is set to Disabled.
- Removed memory footprint for storing texture position caches.
- Made this version buildable with libctru v1.2.0 (thanks to Maki-chan)
[Note: Building with devkitARM r46 and libctru v1.2.0 will cause a bug where the emulator cannot utilize the full clock speed of the New 3DS.]
- Fixed NMI interrupt for specific games such as Cu-On-Pa. This allows Cu-On-Pa to get past the selection screen.
- Fixed ROM size calculation for Wonder Project J (English Patch). The game no longer hangs at the menu.
- Implemented optimized rendering for offset-per-tile modes. This gives many games a major performance boost. Games such as Strike Gunner STG, Tetris Attack, Kirby's Avalanche, Contra's Stage 1 Boss, Super Mario All-Stars' Super Mario 2 all benefit from this improvement.
- Implemented optimized rendering for sprites for modest performance boost.
- Used SPC700 core from Snes9x v1.51.
- Re-implemented an moderately optimized SA-1 core. Now games like Kirby Super Star, Super Mario RPG can boot. It will NOT run well on the old 3DS currently, but it will run smooth on a new 3DS with full clock speed.
- Fixed nasty bug that breaks loading of the second ROM, if the first ROM was loaded from a directory path that has spaces in it.
- Added feature to allow users to page up/down the options in the menu while holding down X.
- Minor optimisations
- Includes an SMDH icon
- Fixed sprites priority issues. This fixes sprites problems of Shadowrun, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario All Stars' (and possibly other games too)
- The newly implemented rendering engine also provides some modest speed improvements in some games.
- Added feature to save the directory of the previously loaded ROM.
- Fixed bug in DMA when the source address comes from Save RAM. This fixes a number of Super Mario World Hacks so that text is readable on BG layer 3. Yoshi's Strange Quest's dialogue text now works.
- Fixed menu key lock issue to improve usability when exiting from menu back into the game.
- Fixed DKC tile corruption issue. This probably also fixes most (if not all) tile corruption issues in other games, if you play a game for too long in a single sitting.
- Fixed sound problems when auto-saving SRAM. Somehow the hardware or the library doesn't like us stopping and starting the CSND too often. Not too sure what the problem is.
- Added an auto-save SRAM option to tell the emulator when to save SRAM (1 second, 10 seconds, 60 seconds, or disable auto-save). Note that regardless of the setting, the emulator will always save any modified SRAM every time you touch the bottom screen to activate the menu.