Nimbus is an iOS framework whose feature set grows only as fast as its documentation.
By focusing on documentation first and features second, Nimbus hopes to be a framework that accelerates the development process of any application by being easy to use and simple to understand.
- Visit the Nimbus website at nimbuskit.info.
- Add Nimbus to your project.
- Follow Nimbus' development through its version history.
- See the latest API diffs.
- Read the Three20 Migration Guide.
- Ask questions and get updates via the Nimbus mailing list.
Nimbus has been built with much inspiration from the Three20 framework. That being said, there are a number of fundamental problems with Three20 that Nimbus works very hard to avoid. Among them:
- Poor documentation.
- Spaghetti dependencies.
- Suffering from a "kitchen sink" complex.
- A complex build structure.
- An enormous number of difficult-to-solve bugs.
- Next-to-zero test coverage.
For its weaknesses, Three20 does provide a good deal of value through its feature set. It is used in over 100 apps in the app store by companies such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Posterous, Meetup, and SCVNGR.
Nimbus hopes to one day provide as much value as Three20 does on a feature-by-feature comparison, but with the invaluable benefit of sublime documentation and test coverage.
Nimbus' Development Roadmap
Most of the discussion revolving around Nimbus' roadmap is in the Github issue tracker. In particular, check out the grab bag of tasks that are actively being worked on here: