BP Beta Tester provides an easy way to get involved with Beta testing BuddyPress.
Once installed it will help you to upgrade your website to the latest Beta or Release candidate. You will also be able to downgrade to the latest stable release once you finished your Beta tests.
Fixes added in RC
- Fix issues when the WordPress Plugins API is not available (see d682ce4).
Please make sure to avoid using this plugin on a production site: beta testing is always safer when it's done on a local copy of your site or on a testing site. And of course: don’t forget to backup before you start!
To run BP Beta Tester, we recommend your host/local setup supports:
- PHP version 7.2 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater, or, MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- If you want to contribute, clone the plugin into the
/wp-content/pluginsdirectory of your testing site using the command line
git clone https://github.com/buddypress/bp-beta-tester.git
- If you want to simply use, download the attached
bp-beta-tester.ziparchive of the plugin. Use the "Add New" link of your WordPress Plugins Administration to upload this file.