WordPress Multisite Enhancements
Enhance Multisite for Network Admins with different topics
When you work quite a bit with WordPress Multisites, sometimes you need more information or menu items. This plugin enhance the network area for super admins with useful functions.
- Add Blog and User ID in network view more
- Enables an 'Add New' link under the Plugins menu for Network admins
- Adds several useful items to the multisite 'Network Admin' admin bar
- On the network plugins page, show which site have this plugin active
- On the network theme page, show which blog have the theme active and is it a Child theme
- Change Admin footer text for Administrators to view fast currently used RAM, SQL, RAM Version
- Add Favicon from theme folder to the admin area to easier identify the blog, use the
favicon.icofile in the theme folder of the active theme in each blog
- Add Favicon to each blog on the Admin Bar Item 'My Sites'. If you a like a custom path for each favicon, please see the documentation for this feature.
- Remove also the 'W' logo and his sub-links in admin bar
- Add status to each site in the admin bar to identifier fast if the site
noindexstatus and external url.
- Add functions to be used in your install
- The function
get_blog_list()is currently deprecated in the WP Core, but currently usable. The plugin check this and get a alternative in
- If you will develop with the alternative to this function from my source, then use the method
Multisite_Core. She use also caching with the Transient API. See more about the function on the function in
- If you use WordPress version 3.7 and higher, then check the function
wp_get_sites(), the new alternative function inside the core to get all sides inside the network. The function accept a array with arguments, see the description.
- But if you use WordPress 4.6 and higher that a new alternate ;) -
get_sites()is current function to get all sites in the network. The helper method of this plugin
Multisite_Core::get_blog_list()or the function
get_blog_list()have all checks include.
- The function
- Filter theme list to find fast your goal. Works on single theme page and also network theme page.
The plugin is available as Composer package and can be installed via Composer:
composer create-project bueltge/wordpress-multisite-enhancements --no-dev.
The package is on packagist and the package name is
Use the installer via back-end. Find via search and install.
Manual mode, (s)FTP
- Unpack the download-package.
- Upload the files to the
- Activate the plugin through the Network/Plugins menu in WordPress and click Network Activate.
Inpsyde · The team is engineering the Web since 2006.Crafted by
Bugs, technical hints or contribute
Please give me feedback, contribute and file technical bugs on this GitHub Repo, use Issues.
Good news, this plugin is free for everyone! Since it's released under the GPL, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial blog. But if you enjoy this plugin, you can thank me and leave a small donation for the time I've spent writing and supporting this plugin. And I really don't want to know how many hours of my life this plugin has already eaten ;)
Contact & Feedback
Please let me know if you like the plugin or you hate it or whatever ... Please fork it, add an issue for ideas and bugs.
I'm German and my English might be gruesome here and there. So please be patient with me and let me know of typos or grammatical parts. Thanks