Buffer Engineering Wiki
It's a handy reference whether you're new, changing teams, or just like breaking down knowledge silos.
Table of Contents
Get all setup to work on Buffer locally
Seeking Advice & Input
The web app at buffer.com/app, API, static pages, and more!
- Deployments for
- PHP Guidelines — Great doc by @josem on writing PHP in
- PHP Testing
- Feature Flips
- ️buffer-web workers in k8s
- ️Lifecycle of an update
- Editing files and making a PR directly on GitHub
The home page at buffer.com, more static pages, salary calculator, and more!
- Check out the README in
buffer-marketingfor some great documentation.
Our blogs, hosted on WPEngine.
Everything related to the Stripe API & Webhook and our billing logic.
Everything related to Open Source at Buffer
Contributing to the Wiki
All contributions would be glorious. An out of date wiki is so much worse than the occasional misleading new contribution, so please err on the side of sharing your knowledge.
Wikis are best when they're living and evolving. As an async, remote team, let's create a wiki that reflects our commitment to this way of work!
- Be the change you want to see on the wiki
✨Just edit it directly on Github ✏️
- Got more of a suggestion than an immediate change? Open a Pull Request 🙋🏽
- Not sure what the right info is, but you can see the current docs are wrong? Open an issue
- Got lots to share? Awesome!
🦄Work on this wiki locally:
$ git clone email@example.com:bufferapp/README.git