Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
Long awaited major release of GoReplay!
- Added option to specify custom BPF filter (e.g. tcpdump syntax). Can be useful in case of non standard network interfaces like tunneling or SPAN port. Example:
--input-raw-bpf-filter 'dst port 80’#478
- Support for reading directly from pcap file, using
--input-raw-engine pcap_file --input-raw ./recording.pcap_
- Added official Docker image
docker pull buger/goreplay. Should be run with
- Added RPM and DEB packages
- Added support for HTTP proxies. Just set
- Added HTTP basic auth filter:
--http-basic-auth-filter "^customer[0-9].*. You specify regexp which match
- Added option to limit size of output file: when limit is reached, it will exit. Can be used for safety reasons. Example:
- Added way to configure output HTTO request queue, which used to hold requests, if all workers are busy. Example:
--output-http-queue-len 5000. Default is 1000.
- Control frequency of
--output-http-stats-ms 5000(every 5 seconds).
- Configurable way to set minimum number of HTTP workers, by setting
--output-http-workers-min. Can be used in conjunction with
--output-http-workerswhich will act as a max worker count.
- Added way to dynamically profile GoReplay performance using Golang pprof tools. Example:
--http-pprof :8181. It starts web server on given address, and expose special
/debug/pprofendpoint with list of reports.
—input-raw-buffer-sizewhich controls size of the OS buffer (in
bytes) which holds packets until they dispatched. Default value depends
by system: in Linux around 2MB. If you see big package drop, increase
- In addition to buffer size, added option to turn pcap
immediatemode when packets delivered without buffering. Can help reduce packet drop. Example:
- Added way to use standard Golang HTTP client, by adding
- Snaplen (max number of bytes being read for each packet)
now dynamically set based on interface MTU + max header size. In most
situations it should reduce package drop, because each packet will
consume less space in the buffer. However in some virtualized environments like OpenShift, packet size can be significantly bigger then MTU, so you can disable optimization by setting
- Added support for ElasticSearch basic HTTP auth
- Numerous fixes to improve quality of HTTP packets parsing
- Add support for TLS connections between --input-tcp and --output-tcp.
--input-tcp-secure --input-tcp-certificate ./cert.pem --input-tcp-certificate-key ./key.pem --output-tcp-secure#457
- Add basic support for old server, like HTTP 0.9 #468 #463 #467
- GoReplay now exit once finished replaying with --input-file #456
- Fix prettifier issue, when there is problems with gzip encoding payload #470
Finally a new big release, a lot of changes on all fronts. New features, usability stability, fixes.
Thank you, everyone, who made it happen!
- [PRO] Added S3 input and output https://github.com/buger/goreplay/wiki/%5BPRO%5D-Using-S3-for-storing-and-replaying-traffic
- Added new NodeJS middleware framework https://github.com/buger/goreplay/tree/master/middleware
- Add Kafka input and output https://github.com/buger/goreplay/wiki/Streaming-from-and-to-Apache-Kafka
- Improve accuracy of replay by using timestamp of when TCP packet was received by network interface (previously used time of package capture by GoReplay)
—prettify-httpoption, you can automatically decode Gzip encoded responses, and de-construct chunked bodies.
- Now you can enable HTTP response tracking by providing
—output-http-track-respose. Previously was available only if middleware is turned on.
- Add new option
--input-raw-expireto configure TCP message expiration
- Filter response if its request was filtered
- Allow space inside filters syntax: `--http-disallow-header 'Host: www.vertaa.fi' now valid syntax
- File name pattern now support request id
%r, will log each request to separate file, and
%tfor payload type (0 - request, 1 - response, 2 - replayed response).
- Add basic SNI support to support HTTP replay to hosts that require SNI, such as Amazon API Gateway.
- Do not add port to Host header #383
- Improve malformed TCP packet handling to avoid panics
- Fix HTTP timeout for 204 (No content) responses
- Fix handling of HTTP error codes like 400 or 304.
- Fixed replay of HTTP PATCH requests
- [PRO] Added support for working with binary protocols (thrift/protocol buffers)
- [PRO] Recording and replaying keep alive TCP sessions
- Replaying request in proper order when using multiple files #300
- Validate bodies when Content-Length or Transfer-Encoding found #317
- Return of ElasticSearch support! #331 #333
--exit-afteroption to specify duration after which Gor will exit #336
- Updated response output file format, now third value is timestamp and forth is latency
- Properly read body when no
Content-Lengthbut there is
--input-httpoption (too confusing and never really worked) f0acd31
- Force Go DNS resolver (C one caused crashes for multiple people) 07fa6d9
- Fix interception on loopback interface when non-local IP used 1ed8691
- Fix intercepting traffic from virtual interfaces 51860e1
- Fix 100-continue header when it places not in the end #314
- Fix relative file names when using
- Properly cleanup used resources on exit #305
- Fix connection timeout when using