- Fix Build.getUrl() to not ignore virtual builders.
- Fix git submodule support when using sshPrivateKey and sshHostKey settings by passing ssh data as absolute, not relative paths.
- Fixed :bb:step:`P4` for change in latest version of p4 login -p.
- :py:class:`buildbot.reporters.irc.IrcStatusBot` no longer encodes messages
before passing them on to methods of its Twisted base class to avoid posting
repr()of a bytes object when running on Python 3.
- Added new :bb:step:`GitPush` step to perform git push operations.
- Objects returned by :ref:`renderer` now are able to pass extra arguments to the rendered function via withArgs method.
- Test suite has been improved for readability by adding a lot of
- Fixed tests which didn't wait for
assertFailure's returned deferred.
- The test suite now runs on Python 3.7 (mostly deprecation warnings from dependencies shut down)
- buildbot-worker docker image no longer use pidfile. This allows to auto-restart a docker worker upon crash.
- GitLab v3 API is deprecated and has been removed from http://gitlab.com, so we now use v4. (:issue:`4143`)
- -:bb:step:`Git` now supports sshHostKey parameter to specify ssh public host key for fetch operations.
- -:bb:step:`Git` now supports sshPrivateKey parameter to specify private ssh key for fetch operations.
- -:bb:chsrc:`GitPoller` now supports sshHostKey parameter to specify ssh public host key for fetch operations. This feature is supported on git 2.3 and newer.
- -:bb:chsrc:`GitPoller` now supports sshPrivateKey parameter to specify private ssh key for fetch operations. This feature is supported on git 2.3 and newer.
- Github hook token validation now uses
hmac.compare_digest()for better security
Deprecations and Removals
- Removed support for GitLab v3 API ( GitLab < 9 ).
- Don't schedule a build when a GitLab merge request is deleted or edited (:issue:`3635`)
- Add GitLab source step; using it, we now handle GitLab merge requests from forks properly (:issue:`4107`)
- Fixed a bug in :py:class:`~buildbot.reporters.mail.MailNotifier`'s
createEmailmethod when called with the default builds value which resulted in mail not being sent.
- Fixed a Github crash that happened on Pull Requests, triggered by Github Web-hooks. The json sent by the API does not contain a commit message. In github.py this causes a crash, resulting into response 500 sent back to Github and building failure.
- Speed up generation of api/v2/builders by an order of magnitude. (:issue:`3396`).
examples/gitlab.cfgto demonstrate integrating Buildbot with GitLab.
- :ref:`ForceScheduler-Parameters` now support an
ChoiceParameternow correctly supports the
strictparameter, by allowing free text entry if strict is False.
- Allow the remote ref to be specified in the GitHub hook configuration (:issue:`3998`)
- Added callable to p4 source that allows client code to resolve the p4 user and workspace into a more complete author. Default behaviour is a lambda that simply returns the original supplied who. This callable happens after the existing regex is performed.
- fix several multimaster issues by reverting :issue:`3911`. re-opens :issue:`3783`. (:issue:`4067`, :issue:`4062`, :issue:`4059`)
- Fix :bb:step:`MultipleFileUpload` to correctly compute path name when worker and master are on different OS (:issue:`4019`)
- LDAP bytes/unicode handling has been fixed to work with Python 3. This means that LDAP authentication, REMOTE_USER authentication, and LDAP avatars now work on Python 3. In addition, an of bounds access when trying to load the value of an empty LDAP attribute has been fixed.
`no-select`rules from places where they would prevent the user from selecting interesting text. (:issue:`3663`)
`Maximum recursion depth exceededwhen lots of worker are trying to connect while master is starting or reconfiguring (:issue:`4042`).
- Document a minimal secure config for the Buildbot web interface. (:issue:`4026`)
- The Dockerfile for the buildbot master image has been updated to use Alpine Linux 3.7. In addition, the Python requests module has been added to this image. This makes GitHub authentication work out of the box with this image. (:issue:`4039`)
- New steps for Visual Studio 2017 (VS2017, VC141, and MsBuild141).
- The smoke tests have been changed to use ES2017 async and await keywords. This requires that the smoke tests run with Node 8 or higher. Use of async and await is recommended by the Protractor team: https://github.com/angular/protractor/blob/master/docs/async-await.md
urlTextto be set on a url linked to a
- Fix issue which marked all workers dis-configured in the database every 24h (:issue:`3981` :issue:`3956` :issue:`3970`)
- The :bb:reporter:`MailNotifier` no longer crashes when sending from/to email
addresses with "Real Name" parts (e.g.,
John Doe <firstname.lastname@example.org>).
- Corrected pluralization of text on landing page of the web UI
- Corrected typo in description of libvirt
- Update sample config to use preferred API
- Home page now contains links to recently active builders
Deprecations and Removals
ramlficationas a dependency to build the docs and run the tests.
- Fixed buildrequests API doesn't provide properties data (:issue:`3929`)
- Fix missing owner on builder build table (:issue:`3311`)
- Include hipchat as reporter.
- Fix encoding issues of commands with Windows workers (:issue:`3799`).
- Fixed Relax builder name length restriction (:issue:`3413`).
- Fix the configuration order so that services can actually use secrets (:issue:`3985`)
- Partially fix Builder page should show the worker information (:issue:`3546`).
- Added the
defaultPropertiesparameter to :bb:cfg:`builders`.
- When a build step has a log called "summary" (case-insensitive), the Build Summary page will sort that log first in the list of logs, and automatically expand it.
Despite the major version bump, Buildbot 1.0.0 does not have major difference with the 0.9 series. 1.0.0 is rather the mark of API stability. Developers do not foresee a major API break in the next few years like we had for 0.8 to 0.9.
Starting with 1.0.0, Buildbot will follow semver versioning methodology.
- Cloning :bb:step:`Git` repository with submodules now works with Git < 1.7.6
instead of failing due to the use of the unsupported
- :bb:chsrc:`GitHub` hook now properly creates a change in case of new tag or
new branch. :bb:chsrc:`GitHub` changes will have the
tagwhen a tag was pushed to easily distinguish from a branch push.
- Fixed issue with :py:meth:`Master.expireMasters` not always honoring its
- Fixed issue with steps not correctly ending in
CANCELLEDstatus when interrupted.
- Fix maximum recursion limit issue when transferring large files with
- Added an argument to P4Source that allows users to provide a callable to convert Perforce branch and revision to a valid revlink URL. Perforce supplies a p4web server for resolving urls into change lists.
- Fixed issue with
buildbot_pkg`not hanging on yarn step on windows (:issue:`3890`).
- Fix issue with :bb:cfg:`workers`
notify_on_missingnot able to be configurable as a single string instead of list of string (:issue:`3913`).
- Fixed Builder page should display worker name instead of id (:issue:`3901`).
- Add capability to override the default UI settings (:issue:`3908`)
- All :ref:`Reporters` have been adapted to be able to use :ref:`Secret`. :bb:chsrc:`SVNPoller` has been adapted to be able to use :ref:`Secret`.
- Implement support for Bitbucket Cloud webhook plugin in :py:class:`~buildbot.www.hooks.bitbucketcloud.BitbucketCloudEventHandler`
ownersproperty now includes people associated with the changes of the build (:issue:`3904`).
- The repo source step now syncs with the
--force-syncflag which allows the sync to proceed when a source repo in the manifest has changed.
- Add support for compressing the repo source step cache tarball with
pigz, a parallel gzip compressor.
- Fix worker reconnection fails (:issue:`3875`, :issue:`3876`)
- Fix umask set to 0 when using LocalWorker (:issue:`3878`)
- Fix Buildbot reconfig, when badge plugin is installed (:issue:`3879`)
- Fix (:issue:`3865`) so that now :py:class:`~buildbot.changes.svnpoller.SVNPoller` works with paths that contain valid UTF-8 characters which are not ASCII.
- Fix builder page not showing any build (:issue:`3820`)
- Fix double Workers button in the menu. (:issue:`3818`)
- Fix bad icons in the worker action dialog.
- Fix url arguments in Buildbot :ref:`Badges` for python3.
- Upgrading to guanlecoja-ui version 1.8.0, fixing two issues. Fixed issue where the console view would jump to the top of page when opening the build summary dialog (:issue:`3657`). Also improved sidebar behaviour by remembering previous pinned vs. collapsed state.
- Fixes issue with Buildbot :bb:worker:`DockerLatentWorker`, where Buildbot can kill running workers by mistake based on the form the worker name (:issue:`3800`).
- Fixes issue with Buildbot :bb:worker:`DockerLatentWorker` not reaping zombies process within its container environment.
- Update requirement text to use the modern "docker" module from the older "docker-py" module name
- When multiple :bb:cfg:`reporter` or :bb:cfg:`services` are configured with the same name, an error is now displayed instead of silently discarding all but the last one :issue:`3813`.
- Fixed exception when using :py:class:`buildbot.www.auth.CustomAuth`
- New Buildbot SVG icons for web UI. The web UI now uses a colored favicon according to build results (:issue:`3785`).
graceful:ref:`Worker-states` are now stored in the database.
- :ref:`Worker-states` are now displayed in the web UI.
- Quarantine timers is now using the
- Quarantine timer is now enabled when a build finish on
- Standalone binaries for buildbot-worker package are now published for windows and linux (
amd64). This allows to run a buildbot-worker without having a python environment.
buildbot-worker create-worker --maxretriesfor :ref:`Latent-Workers` to quit if the master is or becomes unreachable.
- Badges can now display running as status.
- The database schema now supports cascade deletes for all objects instead of raising an error when deleting a record which has other records pointing to it via foreign keys.
- Buildbot can properly find its version if installed from a git archive tarball generated from a tag.
- Enhanced the test suite to add worker/master protocol interoperability tests between python3 and python2.
Deprecations and Removals
- buildbot.util.ascii2unicode() is removed. buildbot.util.bytes2unicode() should be used instead.
- Compile step now properly takes the decodeRC parameter in account (:issue:`3774`)
- Fix duplicate build requests results in :py:class:`~buildbot.db.buildrequests.BuildRequestsConnectorComponent` when querying the database (:issue:`3712`).
- :py:class:`~buildbot.changes.gitpoller.GitPoller` now accepts git branch names with UTF-8 characters (:issue:`3769`).
- Fixed inconsistent use of pointer style mouse cursor by removing it from the .label css rule and instead creating a new .clickable css rule which is used only in places which are clickable and would not otherwise automatically get the pointer icon, for example it is not needed for hyper-links. (:issue:`3795`).
- Rebuilding with the same revision now takes new change properties into account instead of re-using the original build change properties (:issue:`3701`).
- Worker authentication is now delayed via a DeferredLock until Buildbot configuration is finished. This fixes UnauthorizedLogin errors during buildbot restart (:issue:`3462`).
- Fixes python3 encoding issues with Windows Service (:issue:`3796`)
- new :ref`badges` plugin which reimplement the buildbot eight png badge system.
- In progress worker control API. Worker can now be stopped and paused using the UI. Note that there is no UI yet to look the status of those actions (:issue:`3429`).
- Make maximum number of builds fetched on the builders page configurable.
- Include context in the log message for GitHubStatusPush
- On 'Builders' page reload builds when tags change.
- Give reporters access to master single in renderables. This allows access to build logs amongst other things
- Added possibility to check www user credentials with a custom class.
Deprecations and Removals
Following will help Buildbot to leverage new feature of twisted to implement important features like worker protocol encryption.
buildbot-workerpackages now requires Python 2.7 or Python 3.4+ -- Python 2.6 is no longer supported.
buildbot-workerpackages now required Twisted versions >= 16.1.0. Earlier versions of Twisted are not supported.
- Fix Console View forced builds stacking at top (issue:3461)
- Improve buildrequest distributor to ensure all builders are processed. With previous version, builder list could be re-prioritized, while running the distributor, meaning some builders would never be run in case of master high load. (:issue:`3661`)
getOldestRequestTimefunction of buildrequest distributor to do sorting and paging in the database layer (:issue:`3661`).
- Arguments passed to GitLab push notifications now work with Python 3 (:issue:`3720`).
- Web hooks change sources which use twisted.web.http.Request have been fixed to use bytes, not native strings. This ensures web hooks work on Python 3. Please report any issues on web hooks in python3, as it is hard for us to test end to end.
- Fixed null value of steps and logs in reporter HttpStatusPush api. Fixes (:issue:`3180`)
- EC2LatentBuilder now correctly sets tags on spot instances (:issue:`3739`).
- Fixed operation of the Try scheduler for a code checked out from Subversion.
- Fix buildbot worker startup when running as a windows service
- Make parameters for :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.shell.WarningCountingShellCommand` renderable. These are suppressionList, warningPattern, directoryEnterPattern, directoryLeavePattern and maxWarnCount.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.www.hooks.github.GitHubEventHandler` now supports authentication for GitHub instances that do not allow anonymous access
- Added support for renderable builder locks. Previously only steps could have renderable locks.
- Added flag to Docker Latent Worker to always pull images
This is a release which only exists for the
- Fixed many issues related to connecting masters and workers with different major version of Python (:issue:`3416`).
- Fixed KeyError in the log when two buildrequests of the same buildset are finished at the same time (:issue:`3472`, :issue:`3591`)
- Fix for SVN.purge fails when modified files contain non-ascii characters (:issue:`3576`)
- Fix the GitHub change hook on Python 3 (:issue:`3452`).
- Fix :class:`reporters.gitlab` to use correct commit status codes (:issue:`3641`).
- Fixed deadlock issue, when locks are taken at least 3 times by the 3 Buildstep with same configuration (:issue:`3650`)
- Fix the Gerrit source step in the presence of multiple Gerrit repos (:issue:`3460`).
- Add empty pidfile option to master and worker start script when --nodaemon option is on. (:issue:`3012`).
- Add possibility to specify a :bb:sched:`PatchParameter` for any :bb:sched:`CodebaseParameter` in a :bb:sched:`ForceScheduler` (part of :issue:`3110`).
- Latent Workers will no longer continually retry if they cannot substantiate (:issue:`3572`)
Deprecations and Removals
- buildbot.util.encodeString() has been removed. buildbot.util.unicode2bytes() should be used instead.
- Buildbot is not compatible with
python3-ldapanymore. It now requires
ldap3package for its ldap operations (:issue:`3530`)
- Fix issue with
logviewerscrolling up indefinitely when loading logs (:issue:`3154`).
- Do not add the url if it already exists in the step. (:issue:`3554`)
- Fix filtering for REST resource attributes when SQL is involved in the backend (eq, ne, and contains operations, when there are several filters) (:issue:`3526`).
gitsource step now uses git checkout -B rather than git branch -M to create local branches (:issue:`3537`)
- Fixed :ref:`Grid View <GridView>` settings. It is now possible to configure "false" values.
- Fix performance issue when remote command does not send any line boundary (:issue:`3517`)
- Fix regression in GithHub oauth2 v3 api, when using enterprise edition.
- Fix the Perforce build step on Python 3 (:issue:`3493`)
- Make REST API's filter __contains use OR connector rather than AND according to what the documentation suggests.
- Fixed secret plugins registration, so that they are correctly available in
import buildbot.plugins.secrets. changes to all secrets plugin to be imported and used.
- Fix secrets downloaded to worker with too wide permissions.
- Fix issue with stop build during latent worker substantiating, the build result was retried instead of cancelled.
pip install 'buildbot[bundle]'now installs
grid_viewplugin. This fixes issues with the tutorial where
grid_viewis enabled by default.
- Fixed documentation regarding log obfuscation for passwords.
- Improve documentation of REST API's __contains filter.
- Added autopull for Docker images based on config. (:issue:`3071`)
- Allow to expose logs to summary callback of :py:class:`GerritStatusPush`.
- Implement GitHub change hook CI skipping (:issue:`3443`). Now buildbot will
ignore the event, if the
[ci skip]keyword (configurable) in commit message. For more info, please check out the
skipparameter of :bb:chsrc:`GitHub` hook.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.reporters.github.GitHubStatusPush` now support reporting to ssh style URLs, ie email@example.com:Owner/RepoName.git
- Added the possibility to filter builds according to results in :ref:`Grid View <GridView>`.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.worker.openstack.OpenStackLatentWorker` now supports V3 authentication.
- Buildbot now tries harder at finding line boundaries. It nows support several cursor controlling ANSI sequences as well as use of lots of backspace to go back several characters.
- UI Improvements so that Buildbot build pages looks better on mobile.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.worker.openstack.OpenStackLatentWorker` now supports region attribute.
- The :ref:`Schedulers`
builderNamesparameter can now be a :class:`~IRenderable` object that will render to a list of builder names.
- The :py:class:`~buildbot.www.ldapuserinfo.LdapUserInfo` now uses the python3-ldap successor ldap3 (:issue:`3530`).
- Added support for static suppressions parameter for shell commands.
- Fix 'reconfig master causes worker lost' error (:issue:`3392`).
- Fix bug where object names could not be larger than 150 characters (:issue:`3449`)
- Fix bug where notifier names could not be overridden (:issue:`3450`)
- Fix exception when shutting down a master (:issue:`3478`)
- Fix Manhole support to work with Python 3 and Twisted 16.0.0+ (:issue:`3160`). :py:class:`~buildbot.manhole.AuthorizedKeysManhole` and :py:class:`~buildbot.manhole.PasswordManhole` now require a directory containing SSH host keys to be specified.
- Fix python 3 issue with displaying the properties when fetching builders (:issue:`3418`).
- Fix bug when :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.shellsequence.ShellArg` arguments were rendered only once during an instance's lifetime.
- Fix waterfall tiny size of build status indicators (:issue:`3475`)
- Fix waterfall natural order of builder list
- Fix builder page use 'pointer' cursor style for tags (:issue:`3473`)
- Fix builder page update tag filter when using the browser's back button (:issue:`3474`)
- added support for builder names in REST API. Note that those endpoints are not (yet) available from the UI, as the events are not sent to the endpoints with builder names.
- Implemented new ability to set from by email domain. Implemented :py:class:`~buildbot.www.authz.RolesFromDomain`. (:issue:`3422`)
tried to complete 100 buildrequests, but only completed 25issue in buildrequest collapser (:issue:`3406`)
- Fixed issue when several mail notifiers are used with same parameters, but different modes (:issue:`3398`).
- Fixed release scripts for
- Fix regression with :py:class:`~buildbot.www.oauth2.GitHubAuth` when API v3 is used.
- When using the :py:class:`~buildbot.www.oauth2.GitHubAuth` v4 API, the generated GraphQL to get the user organizations uses a name alias for each organization. These aliases must not contain dashes.
- Fixed a regression inn
UserPasswordAuthwhere a list would create an error.
- Fix non ascii payload handling in base web hook (:issue:`3321`).
- Fixed default buildrequest collapsing (:issue:`3151`)
- _wait_for_request() would fail to format a log statement due to an invalid type being passed to log.msg (resulting in a broken build)
- Fix Windows compatibility with frontend development tool
gulp dev proxy(:issue:`3359`)
- New :ref:`Grid View <GridView>` UI plugin.
- The :ref:`Change-Hooks` system is now integrated in the :ref:`Plugins` system, making it easier to subclass hooks. There is still the need to re- factor hook by hook to allow better customizability.
- The :py:class:`~buildbot.www.oauth2.GitHubAuth` now allows fetching the user team membership for all organizations the user belongs to. This requires access to a V4 GitHub API(GraphQL).
- GitLab merge request hook now create a change with repository to be the source repository and branch the source branch. Additional properties are created to point to destination branch and destination repository. This makes :bb:reporter:`GitLabStatusPush` push the correct status to GitLab, so that pipeline report is visible in the merge request page.
- The :py:class:`~buildbot.www.hooks.github.GitHubEventHandler` now allows the inclusion of white-listed properties for push events.
- Allow sending a comment to a pull request for Bitbucket Server in :py:class:`~buildbot.reporters.stash.BitbucketServerPRCommentPush`
- Implement support for Bitbucket Server webhook plugin in :py:class:`~buildbot.www.hooks.bitbucketserver.BitbucketServerEventHandler`
Core Bug fixes
- Fix incompatibility issue of
UserPasswordAuthwith python 3.
- Fix issue with oauth sequence not working with Firefox (:issue:`3306`)
- Update old
addChangemethod to accept the new chdict names if only the new name is present. Fixes :issue:`3191`.
- fix bytes vs string issue on python3 with authorization of rest endpoints.
doStepIfis now renderable.
- Source step codebase is now renderable.
- Step names are now renderable.
- Added :py:func:`giturlparse` utility function to help buildbot components like reporters to parse git url from change sources.
- Factorized the mail reporter to be able to write new message based reporters, for other backend than SMTP.
- The class :py:class:`~buildbot.process.properties.Property` now allows being used with Python built in comparators. It will return a Renderable which executes the comparison.
Components Bug fixes
- GitLab reporter now correctly sets the status to running instead of pending when a build starts.
- GitLab reporter now correctly works when there are multiple codebase, and when the projects names contain url reserved characters.
- GitLab reporter now correctly reports the status even if there are several sourcestamps. Better parsing of change repository in GitLab reporter so that it understands ssh urls and https url. GitLab reporter do not use the project field anymore to know the repository to push to.
- GitLab hook now supports the merge_request event to automatically build from a merge request. Note that the results will not properly displayed in merge_request UI due to https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/33293
- Added a https://pushjet.io/ reporter as :py:class:`buildbot.reporters.pushjet.PushjetNotifier`
- New build step :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.master.Assert` Tests a renderable or constant if it evaluates to true. It will succeed or fail to step according to the result.
Core Bug fixes
- Fix :py:class:`UserPasswordAuth` authentication on
py3and recent browsers. (:issue:`3162`, :issue:`3163`). The
py3fix also requires Twisted https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/773.
- :ref:`ConsoleView` now display changes the same way as in Recent Changes page.
- Fix issue with :ref:`ConsoleView` when no change source is configured but
still builds have
Components Bug fixes
- Allow renderables in options and definitions of step
CMake. Currently only dicts and lists with renderables inside are allowed.
OAuthAuthentication are now working with :py:class:`RolesFromEmails`.
_image_existsdoes not raise anymore if it encounters an image with
- Fix command line parameters for
state_stringis now automatically computed according to the :py:meth:`BuildStep.getResultSummary`, :py:attr:`BuildStep.description` and
updateBuildSummaryPolicyfrom :ref:`Buildstep-Common-Parameters`. This allows the dashboards and reporters to get a descent summary text of the build without fetching the steps.
- New :bb:cfg:`configurators` section, which can be used to create higher level configuration modules for Buildbot.
- New :bb:configurator:`JanitorConfigurator` which can be used to create a builder which save disk space by removing old logs from the database.
- Added a https://pushover.net/ reporter as :py:class:`buildbot.reporters.pushover.PushoverNotifier`
propertyargument in SetPropery is now renderable.
Core Bug fixes
- :py:class:`buildbot.www.authz.endpointmatchers.AnyControlEndpointMatcher` now actually doesn't match GET requests. Before it would act like an AnyEndpointMatcher since the GET had a different case.
builderNamesto :bb:sched:`ForceScheduler` no longer causes an error.
- Fix issue with :bb:sched::Nightly change classification raising foreign key exceptions (:issue:`3021`)
- Fixes an exception found :py:func:`buildbot_net_usage_data._sendWithUrlib` when running through the tutorial using Python 3.
usePTYconfiguration of the :bb:step:`ShellCommand` now works as expected with recent version of buildbot-worker.
Components Bug fixes
pollAtLaunchof the :bb:chsrc:`GitHubPullrequestPoller` now works as expected. Also the author email won't be displayed as None
- :bb:chsrc:`GerritChangeSource` and :bb:reporter:`GerritStatusPush` now use the master's environment including PATH variable to find the ssh binary.
- :py:class:`~buildbot_worker.commands.transfer.SlaveDirectoryUploadCommand` no longer throws exceptions because the file "is used by another process" under Windows
UI Bug fixes
- Fix waterfall scrolling and zooming in current browsers
console_viewnow properly uses
revlinkmetadata to link to changes.
- Fixed Console View infinite loading spinner when no change have been recorded yet (:issue:`3060`).
- new :ref:`Virtual-Builders` concept for better integration of frameworks which store the build config along side the source code.
- :bb:chsrc:`BitBucket` now sets the
eventproperty on each change to what the
- :bb:chsrc:`GitHubPullrequestPoller` now adds additional information about the pull request to properties. The property argument is removed and is populated with the repository full name.
- :bb:chsrc:`GitHub` now sets
eventproperty on each change to what the
- Changed :py:class:`~buildbot.www.oauth2.GitHubAuth` now supports GitHub
Enterprise when setting new
- :bb:chsrc:`GitLab` now sets the
eventproperty on each change to what the
- :bb:chsrc:`GitHub` now process git tag push events
- :bb:chsrc:`GitHub` now adds more information about the pull request to the properties. This syncs features with :bb:chsrc:`GitHubPullrequestPoller`
- :bb:chsrc:`GitLab` now process git tag push events
- :bb:chsrc:`GitLab` now supports authentication with the secret token
- Reworked :ref:`ConsoleView` and :ref:`WaterfallView` for better usability and better integration with virtual builders
- :ref:`WWW-data-module` collections now have a
$resolvedattribute which allows dashboard to know when the data is loaded.
- Fix issue with compressing empty log
- Fix issue with db being closed by wrong thread
- Fix issue with buildbot_worker not closing file handles when using the transfer steps
- Fix issue with buildbot requesting too many permissions from GitHub's OAuth
- Fix :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.http.HTTPStep` to accept
jsonas keyword argument.
- Updated :py:class:`~buildbot.workers.openstack.OpenStackLatentWorker` to use keystoneauth1 so it will support latest python-novaclient packages.
- Include :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.package.rpm.rpmlint.RpmLint` step in steps plugins.
- Experimental support for Python 3.5 and 3.6. Note that complete support depends on fixes to be released in Twisted 17.2.0.
- New experimental :ref:`secretManagement` framework, which allows to securely declare secrets, reusable in your steps.
- New :ref:`buildbot_wsgi_dashboards` plugin, which allows to write custom dashboard with traditional server side web frameworks.
- Added :py:class:`AnyControlEndpointMatcher` and :py:class:`EnableSchedulerEndpointMatcher` for better configurability of the access control. If you have access control to your Buildbot, it is recommended you add :py:class:`AnyControlEndpointMatcher` at the end of your access control configuration.
- Schedulers can now be toggled on and off from the UI. Useful for temporarily disabling periodic timers.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.transfer.FileUpload` now supports setting the url title text that is visible in the web UI. :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.transfer.FileUpload` now supports custom description and descriptionDone text.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.worker.ec2.EC2LatentWorker` now provides instance id as the instance property enabling use of the AWS toolkit.
- Add GitHub pull request Poller to list of available changesources.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.util.OAuth2LoginResource` now supports the token URL parameter. If a user wants to authenticate through OAuth2 with a pre- generated token (such as the access_token provided by GitHub) it can be passed to /auth/login as the token URL parameter and the user will be authenticated to buildbot with those credentials.
- New reporter :py:class:`~buildbot.reporters.github.GitHubCommentPush` can comment on GitHub PRs
- :py:class:`~buildbot.changes.GitPoller` now supports polling tags in a git repository.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.transfer.MultipleFilUpload` now supports the glob parameter. If glob is set to True all workersrcs parameters will be run through glob and the result will be uploaded to masterdest
- Changed :py:class:`~buildbot.workers.openstack.OpenStackLatentWorker` to default to v2 of the Nova API. The novaclient package has had a deprecation warning about v1.1 and would use v2 anyway.
Deprecations and Removals
worker/contribdirectories have been moved to their own repository at https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-contrib/
A database upgrade is necessary for this release (see :bb:cmdline:`upgrade-master`).
- Like for
buildbot upgrade-masterwill now erase an old pidfile if the process is not live anymore instead of just failing.
- Change properties 'value' changed from String(1024) to Text. Requires upgrade master. (
- When using REST API, it is now possible to filter and sort in descending order at the same time.
- Fix issue with :bb:reporter:`HttpStatusPush` raising
datetime is not JSON serializableerror.
- Fix issue with log viewer not properly rendering color codes.
- Fixed log viewer selection and copy-paste for Firefox (
- Fix issue with
DelayedCalledalready called, and worker missing notification email never received.
- :bb:cfg:`schedulers` and :bb:cfg:`change_source` are now properly taking configuration change in account with
setuptoolsis now explicitly marked as required. The dependency was previously implicit.
- :bb:cfg:`buildbotNetUsageData` now uses
requestsif available and will default to HTTP if a bogus SSL implementation is found. It will also correctly send information about the platform type.
Buildbot now uses JWT to store its web UI Sessions. Sessions now persist upon buildbot restart. Sessions are shared between masters. Session expiration time is configurable with
Builders page has been optimized and can now be displayed with 4 http requests whatever is the builder count (previously, there was one http request per builder).
Builder and Worker page build list now have the
numbuilds=option which allows to show more builds.
Masters page now shows more information about a master (workers, builds, activity timer)
Workers page improvements:
- Shows which master the worker is connected to.
- Shows correctly the list of builders that this master is configured on (not the list of
buildermasterwhich nobody cares about).
- Shows list of builds per worker similar to the builders page.
- New worker details page displays the list of builds built by this worker using database optimized query.
Deprecations and Removals
- Some deprecated broken :ref:`Contrib-Scripts` were removed.
- :py:data:`buildbot.www.hooks.googlecode` has been removed, since the Google Code service has been shut down.
- :py:data:`buildbot.util.json` has been deprecated in favor of the standard library :py:mod:`json`.
simplejsonwill not be used anymore if found in the virtualenv.
- Fix :bb:reporter:`BitbucketStatusPush`
ep should start with /assertion error.
- Fix duplicate worker use case, where a worker with the same name would make
the other worker also disconnect (
buildPushesWithNoCommitsnow rebuilds for a known branch that was updated to an existing commit.
- Fix issue with log viewer not staying at bottom of the log when loading log lines.
- Fixed addBuildURLs in :py:class:`~buildbot.steps.trigger.Trigger` to use results from triggered builds to include in the URL name exposed by API.
- Fix :ref:`mq-Wamp` :bb:cfg:`mq` support by removing
debug_appfrom the :bb:cfg:`mq` config, which is not available in latest version of Python Autobahn. You can now use
- fix issue with factory.workdir AttributeError are not properly reported.
- Optimize the memory consumption of the log compression process. Buildbot do not load the whole log into memory anymore. This should improve a lot buildbot memory footprint.
- Changed the build page so that the preview of the logs are shown in live. It is a preview means the last lines of log. How many lines is configurable per user in the user settings page.
- Log viewer line numbers are no longer selectable, so that it is easier to copy paste.
- :py:class:`~buildbot.plugins.worker.DockerLatentWorker` accepts now renderable Dockerfile
- :ref:`Renderer` function can now return :class:`~buildbot.interfaces.IRenderable` objects.
- new :bb:step:`SetProperties` which allows to generate and transform properties separately.
- Handle new workers in windows_service.py script.
- Sort the builders in the waterfall view by name instead of ID.
- Fix :py:class:`~buildbot.www.oauth2.GitHubAuth` to retrieve all organizations instead of only those publicly available.
- Fixed ref to point to branch instead of commit sha in :py:class:`~buildbot.reporters.GitLabStatusPush`
- :bb:reporter:`IRC` :py:meth:`maybeColorize` is able to highlight single words and stop colorization at the end. The previous implementation only stopped colorization but not boldface.
- fix compatibility issue with mysql5 (do not set default value for TEXT column).
- Fixed addChange in :py:class:`~buildbot.data.changes.Change` to use the revlink configuration option to generate the revlink.
- fix threading issue in :py:class:`~buildbot.plugins.worker.DockerLatentWorker`
- Implement :py:class:`~buildbot.www.oauth2.BitbucketAuth`.
- New :bb:chsrc:`GerritEventLogPoller` poller to poll Gerrit changes via http API.
- New :bb:reporter:`GerritVerifyStatusPush` can send multiple review status for the same Gerrit change.
- :bb:reporter:`IRC` appends the builder URL to a successful/failed build if available
- :bb:reporter:`MailNotifier` now accepts
useSmtpsparameter for initiating connection over an SSL/TLS encrypted connection (SMTPS)
- New support for
Mesosand Marathon via :py:class:`~buildbot.plugins.worker.MarathonLatentWorker`.
Marathonis a production-grade container orchestration platform for Mesosphere's Data- center Operating System (DC/OS) and Apache
passwordin :py:class:`~buildbot.plugins.worker.DockerLatentWorker` and :py:class:`~buildbot.plugins.worker.HyperLatentWorker`, can be None. In that case, they will be auto-generated from random number.
- :bb:reporter:`BitbucketServerStatusPush` now accepts
verboseparameters to control the JSON sent to Stash.
- Buildbot can now be configured to deny read access to REST api resources based on authorization rules.
Older Release Notes
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 1 0.9.1 0.9.0 0.9.0rc4 0.9.0rc3 0.9.0rc2 0.9.0rc1 0.9.0b9 0.9.0b8 0.9.0b7 0.9.0b6 0.9.0b5 0.9.0b4 0.9.0b3 0.9.0b2 0.9.0b1 0.8.12 0.8.10 0.8.9 0.8.8 0.8.7 0.8.6
Note that Buildbot-0.8.11 was never released.