builderscon web site and api server
What's With The Name?
Eh, don't worry. Just a word that I came up with, and has absolutely no meaning.Feel free to suggest a better name
- Administrators can register "organizers"
- Organizers can create/update/delete "conferences"
- Organizers can register "venues" (which has one or more "rooms")
- Organizers can accept/reject talk proposals
- Organizers can edit talk proposals, to set date/time, etc.
- Speakers can register their photo, bio. Must register email (not public, only used to send notices from organizers)
- Speakers can register themselves ("speakers")
- Speakers can submit talk proposals ("sessions"). Proposals can be either hidden or visible. If hidden, we need a "make schedule visible" button
- Conferences have "news feed", "Twitter/Social Network Feed display"
- Accepted talks show up in schedule
- Sessions can have, among other things, video urls and slide urls. These can be shown as a list. It can be grouped by tags, too.
- Sessions have Facebook/Twitter/etc buttons
NICE TO HAVE
- Register users (attendees)
- Organizers can notify attendees via email or whatever else proper means
- Organizers can post to Facebook/Twitter/etc, via the official account.
- Attendees can send back feedback on sessions/conferences
- Attendees can vote on sessions to determine "best session"
- Sessions are announced 30 and 10 minutes before they are scheduled via Facebook/Twitter/etc
- Session details page show video and slides displayed in a synchronized fashion.
URL structure suggestions (just a thought, feel free to suggest better approaches).
Assume base url https://builderscon.io. "Main" builderscon site.
|main page||/||latest conferences, links to videos, etc|
Assume base url https://conf.builderscon.io. Conferences show up under this host
|conference page||/tokyo||redirects to "latest" conference|
|per-instance page||/tokyo/2017||"2017" can be "2017-summer" or other subtitles|
|speaker details||/speaker/[id]||use user.speaker_bio|
|user details||/user/[id]||user can be an attendee, speaker, organizer, etc|
Admin site URL should be different, so let's assume base url https://admin.builderscon.io
|TODO (Add more)|
|octav||API Server written in Go.|
|adminweb||Web UI for conference admins. See here for architecture in GKE|
|slackgw||Slack related stuff, including bots. See here for architecture in GKE|