Make your git workflow a little less boring.
What's life without a little risk?
git roulette is just like
git commit -m, but with a twist : once in a while, it'll blow up in your face and do something silly.
git-roulette will not boost your productivity. But hey, maybe it's a good way to learn how to fix git related issues.
It's less dangerous than Russian roulette though:
- You'll always get a warning message.
- The silly things git-roulette does can always be fixed easily (if you know your way around git).
- It won't affect any of your collaborators (unless you push carelessly).
$ git add . $ git roulette "A super descriptive commit message" $ git push # If you're lucky
Just put the
git-roulette script somewhere your $PATH can see it.
This would be a simple way to do it:
git clone email@example.com:victormours/git-roulette.git cp git-roulette/git-roulette /bin/git-roulette # you may need to sudo
Good old MIT license.
Eh, I'm not so sure there's much to add. But you can always fork and send a pull request.
- Obligatory "How git-roulette uses git-roulette to develop git-roulette" conference talk
git-roulette --hintto give advice on how to fix things
- fix intermittent bug that crashes the whole system and removes the whole repo on all remotes once in a while