Welcome to Kuvakehys
Kuvakehys is the application that runs tasveer.de. It allows you to collect photos in a group and once a certain amount of pictures is collected they are automatically printed and shipped to a configured recipient.
- Postgres >= 9.1 (SQLite3 works fine for development. adjust the Gemfile if you need it)
- Ruby >= 1.9.3 (2.1 preferred)
- all ruby dependencies are described in the Gemfile (please refere to the changelog of this file to check for updates)
gem 'therubyracer', platforms: :rubyto the Gemfile
- mailgun.com for incoming emails (should be easy to change to another provider that forwards emails to http)
- ongair.im for whatsapp integration
Install the bundle
Setup your database
cp config/database.yml.example config/database.yml vim config/database.yml # edit your database configuration rake db:setup # create, migrate and seed the database
Setup application config using dotenv
cp env.example .env vim .env # edit the needed variables
Run the server / done
rails server open http://localhost:3000
make sure all environment variables are set
for incoming emails we are using mailgun. Configure a catch all route to
griddler is used for parsing the webhook.
Currenty we use pwinty to print the photos. So far this was the only easily available service with a decent API. The have printing facilities in many countries and ship internationally (which is suuuper expensive, meaning too expensive).
The service might change in the future. Also we are looking for a more individualized product.