Jekyll Business Sense
A remarkable single page Jekyll theme for your small business, packed full of SERP tidbits.
- Rich results: SiteNavigationElement, Service, LocalBusiness, OfferCatalog, PostalAddress
- Open Graph: website, business.business
- Operating hours
- Contact form: Formspree (redirects back to your "thank you" page)
- Lightbox Photo Gallery
- Obfuscated email address for spam protection
- Bulma 0.7.4
- Dependency management: bower
- Asset pipeline: jekyll-assets
- HTML compression: compress.html
- Testing: html-proofer
- Analytics: Google Analytics
$ bundle install $ bower install
Run the jekyll server
$ bundle exec jekyll serve --config _config.yml,_config_local.yml
Settings pertaining to the way your site behaves can be found in jekyll's default configuration file.
_config.yml and find the
# Site Settings section to make changes.
Setup Custom Domain
- Update the
url:block found in
Settings pertaining to the operation of your business can be found in YAML files stored in the
services block contains your business's service offers.
industry to describe a high-level overview of your business (e.g. Pest Control, Windshield Repair, Communication)
industry: Hiking gear rental area-served: type: City caption: Santa Barbara
catalog block is used to display your services to the audience. You can add as many blocks as you need.
catalog: - name: Windshield Replacement & Repair offers: - name: Windshield Repair description: We can seal a small chip and some cracks in the glass. - name: Windshield Replacement description: We will replace the windshield.
Update your address, contact email, and phone
Add obfuscated email address
$ bundle exec rake email Please type in an email address then press ENTER/RETURN firstname.lastname@example.org Installation: Update src/data/contacts.yml with the following pairs. email-key: d05fIsWcv61GbThaN3FkOuL9mHXVnYgBQJUR8r2S7DizwKexqtAZMCP4Eoplyj email-encoded: XhxWUXW@fIUzaNf.Xhz
commitments block is used for options such as operating hours, and currency.
summary: to show a message after opening hours.
ld-hours: Operating hours for a business.
caption: is displayed on the page.
hours: expects specific values. See openingHours
... summary: "After hours: appointments may be available upon request" ld-hours: - caption: "Monday – Friday 9:00a – 5:00p" hours: "Mo-Fr 09:00-17:00" - caption: "Weekends 12:00p - 8:00p" hours: "Sa-Su 12:00-20:00"
ld-hours: block for a simplified commitment message.
summary: "Always on-time, guaranteed."
true if your business operates 24/7
og-hours: wraps open graph's business:hours property. Each day requires a new block.
og-hours: - day: monday begin: "09:00:00" end: "17:00:00"
Finally, don't forget to check out
credentials block is for listing items such as licenses, or achievements.
- Commercially Insured for Liability - "Business License: 100001234"
Update the photo gallery by making changes to the
url: is the full sized image shown in the lightbox
thumbnail: (optional) is a smaller version of the image shown on the page.
name must be unique
- url: https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1497215728101-856f4ea42174?auto=format&fit=crop&w=1350&q=60&cs=tinysrgb thumb: https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1497215728101-856f4ea42174?dpr=1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=640&q=80&cs=tinysrgb name: image1
Add testimonials by updating the
publish: must be set to
true to be displayed on the webpage.
- name: Satisfied Client 1 comments: Mi facilisis platea natoque eu, montes tincidunt nostra praesent ornare non sociis dignissim. publish: true
Deploy to Github Pages from Travis
- Point Travis to repository
- Configure Travis
- Generate a Personal Access Token from Github
- The only scope needed is repo:public_repo
- Make sure
Display value in build logtoggle is set to