A GUI for Django ORM. Build custom queries and display results. Targets sys admins and capable end users who might not be able to program or gain direct interactive shell access.
- Added django 2.0 support. Dropped support for Django 1.8 and 1.10 as Django no longer supports them
- Bug fixes
- Complete rewrite of the frontend in Angular CLI
- Removed the left sidebar, added a 'home' page
- Other minor improvements and fixes
- For anyone who has written a custom frontend: we made a few changes to the django template that you might need to look at. The API has remained the same - one additional route was added that returns information as JSON that was previously serialized in the django template.
What is Django Report Builder?
- Add filters
- Add display fields
- Preview and create xlsx reports
- Very simple security, user must have change or "view" permission to view reports. Unprivileged users can still build reports and see database schema.
- Model properties (thanks yekibud)
- Export to Report global admin action
- Scheduled reports can generate and send to users on cron like schedule
- Optional asynchronous report generation