Zeus preloads your app so that your normal development tasks such as
generate, and tests are faster.
Mediocre screencast. Better one coming soon.
Because waiting 25 seconds sucks, but waiting 0.4 seconds doesn't.
- OS X 10.7+
- Ruby 1.9+
- Backported GC from Ruby 2.0.
You can install the GC-patched ruby from this gist or from RVM.
Install the gem.
gem install zeus
Run the project initializer from the root of your rails application:
Start the server:
Run some commands:
zeus console zeus server zeus testrb -Itest -I. test/unit/omg_test.rb zeus generate model omg zeus rake -T zeus runner omg.rb
Fork, Branch, Pull Request.
- To Jesse Storimer for spin, part of the inspiration for this project
- To Samuel Kadolph for doing most of the cross-process pseudoterminal legwork.
- To Stefan Penner for discussion and various contributions.
- To Shopify for letting me spend (some of) my days working on this.
Doesn't work for you?
Try these libraries instead: