This is a template which allows creating new Ruby on Rails 3 applications quickly using some opinionated defaults. It is inspired by ffmike's BigOldRailsTemplate Rails 2 template project.
gem install rails_templater
At the command prompt, create a new Rails application using the templater command:
Rails Templater will generate the following:
Ruby on Rails
- Uses Haml as the template engine
- Uses Sass for generating CSS
- Optionally uses Compass for design with the blueprint/semantic framework
- Uses Mongoid as the Object Document Mapper
- TODO: Optionally add the ability for other databases
- RSpec for testing
- factory_girl for fixture replacement
- remarkable for ActiveModel RSpec matchers
- Optionally uses Cucumber for integration tests
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix in a branch.
- Send me a pull request.