Clone this wiki locally
______ ___ _____ ___ |/ /_____ __ /_______________ __ /|_/ / _ _ \\_ __/__ ___/_ __ \\ _ / / / / __// /_ _ / / /_/ / /_/ /_/ \\___/ \\__/ /_/ \\____/
Metro is a framework built around gosu (the 2D game development library in Ruby). The goal of Metro is to enforce common conceptual structures and conventions making it easier to quickly generate a game.
$ gem install metro
Running a Game
metro will look for a file named 'metro' within the current working directory if no gamefilename has been provided.
Please take a look at the example game project that is being built alongside of 'metro'. It currently showcases all the current features available to the game.
$ git clone git://github.com/burtlo/starry-knight.git $ cd starry-knight $ metro
Creating a Game
Metro contains content generators to assist you.
Creating a Game can be done with a single command.
$ metro new GAMENAME
This should generate for you a starting game that has:
- A game configured to run at 640x480
- A branding and title scene
- An intermediate scene that shows transitioning between the various scenes
- The first game scene
- A hero model which has a few properties and event input
- Example uses of scene animations to fade instructions