Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
BUT4Reuse is built on Eclipse. Tested on Eclipse Neon (4.6) with Java 1.8
Use the Eclipse Update site.
Select the text of this link and drag and drop it in your Eclipse installation.
Otherwise, in your Eclipse installation, select Help -> Install New Software.
Then click on the "Add" button
Enter a Name (the name is not important) and the following http
Select the Bottom-Up Technologies for Reuse feature and be sure that the option "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" is checked.
Click next and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Download all projects and run BUT4Reuse from the source code (core, experimental and tests)
- Download eclipse neon modeling distribution http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-modeling-tools/neon2
- Download BUT4Reuse plugins. Use a git client to get them. Clone URI https://github.com/but4reuse/but4reuse.git , this way you will be able to easily update the frequent changes. Cloning a remote project is easy with EGit (Eclipse support for git), click on File -> Import, Git -> Projects from Git and then Clone URI
https://github.com/but4reuse/but4reuse.git . No port is normally needed and no user and password are needed.
Then click on Import existing projects and wait, then select all the plugins that appear and they will appear in the Eclipse workspace.
Alternatively, if you don't want to use git, you can download all the repository as a zip file https://github.com/but4reuse/but4reuse/archive/master.zip and then import the projects in Eclipse.
- Do not worry if some projects, or all of them have errors, a check the Troubleshooting subsection.
- Launch the source code (Right click in any project, Run as -> Eclipse Application) and the plugins will be loaded and a new eclipse will open containing the BUT4Reuse tool
- Most of the projects have errors: Check in Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Compilance level. Set it to 1.7. Also, check that you are using Java 1.8 for example going to your operative system terminal and using the command "java -version". If you want to keep using in your system previous java versions, you can download Java 1.8 jre, and then add it going to Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs, then in Windows -> Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target platform, select the active target platform and click on the "Edit..." button, then in the Environment tab, do not select "Default JRE" but select "JRE name" and then the 1.8 version.
- Some org.but4reuse.adapters.* projects have errors: Probably is because of missing plugins that are not included. Check Adapters for information about specific adapters. If you are not interested in this artefact type you can just right click the project and click on Close Project. For example, for adapters.emf you will need EMF DiffMerge v0.3.
- org.but4reuse.featuremodel.synthesis exports feature models in FeatureIDE format, install FeatureIDE from the Eclipse Marketplace.