Buttshock - ET-312 Frankenfirmware
This project exists to add small bug fixes, security fixes, and features to the ET-312 Electrostimulation Device Firmware.
To apply firmware patches you'll need
- a copy of repo https://github.com/metafetish/buttshock-et312-firmware/
- base firmware created from above repo
- a firmware patch file (it's plain text)
To create firmware patches you'll need
- Some Linux box
- packages avr-as (avr-binutils package or similar)
- a knowledge of AVR assembler
Quick Start to create new firmware patches
Run Make. It will compile some example patches and create the patch file. It will also run the commands to do the patching, ready to upload to your box. Then put the box in bootloader upload mode (hold "Menu" and "UP" while turning on and both lights should flash). Use the utils part of the firmware repo to upload to your box.
f002 is an example which
- changes the box xor byte to 0 instead of random
- allows serial connections to read more memory locations
- adds a new sub-menu "More Options" and moves serial link to that menu
- adds a menu item "Debug Mode" to the new sub-menu
- adds a counter in the bottom right of the LCD that just increments when debug mode is enabled
- adds a menu item "Random3" to the new sub-menu Random3 mode turns on a favourite mode for a random time, then turns off the outputs for another random time, repeating this. A bit like Random1 but without the random MA knob and with random periods with no stimulation [- moves the reset code out of the way of the 1.5 bootloader jump]
There's probably hundreds if not thousands of ET-312 boxes around the world. We'd like them to work better.
All original code and documentation is covered under the following BSD license:
Copyright (c) 2016, The Buttshock Project All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of The Buttshock Project nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY The Buttshock Project ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Kyle Machulis/Nonpolynomial Labs BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE