Since 2015, I have been maintaining a home media server that runs Linux Mint. It meant to serve a few purposes:
- Store and serve media files across my home network
- Backup important data
- Learn a bit about servers and networking
- Provide a chance to use Linux for the first time
The goal of this project is to create a dashboard that will display data such as available disk space by employing different available APIs.
$ source venv/bin/activate # activate the virtual environment $ python main.py # start the application
View the application at http://127.0.0.1:5000
- Show disk usage across all disks
- Warn if a disk is low on space
- Show current plex/kodi activity
- Recently downloaded items
- Suggested movies/tv shows
- Remote control the TV via mobile devices
- Drive health?