Clone this wiki locally
Codabar is a linear, discrete, self-checking, bidirectional barcode symbology that can encode digits, six symbols and four delimiter characters. It is primarily used by libraries and blood banks, photo labs and FedEx airbills.
Also known as: Rationalized Codabar, Ames Code, NW-7, USD-4, USS-Codabar, ABC Codabar, Monarch, Code 2 of 7.
Standards: ANSI/AIM BC3 - USS Codabar, BS EN 798.
Data and Options
- The data field must start and stop with one of the following delimiters
TNE*(with the altstartstop option)
- The data field can otherwise hold any of the following
- Digits 0-9
- The altstartstop option specifies that the alternative set of delimiter characters is in use.
- The includecheck option calculates the check digit.
- The includecheckintext option makes the calculated check characters appear in the human readable text.
Data: A0123456789B Options: includecheck includetext includecheckintext Encoder: rationalizedCodabar