Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Code 128 is an arbitrarily long, high-density barcode symbology that can be used to encode full 256 character extended-ASCII.
Also known as: USD-6, USS-128, Code 128A, Code 128B, Code 128C.
- GS1-128 is a variant of Code 128 that should be used when encoding data that is in GS1 Application Identifier standard format.
- HIBC Code 128 is a variant of Code 128 that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
Standards: ISO/IEC 15417, ANSI/AIM BC4 - ISS Code 128, BS EN 799.
Data and Options
- The data field input can consist of any extended ASCII data. The default interpretation of data by readers is in accordance with ISO/IEC 8859-1.
- The mandatory check digit is calculated automatically.
- When the parse option is specified, any instances of
^NNNin the data field are replaced with their equivalent ASCII or extended-ASCII value, useful for specifying unprintable characters, e.g.
^209for Ñ, etc.
- FNC4 function characters will be inserted automatically to allow the encoding of extended ASCII characters.
- When the parsefnc option is specified, non-data function characters can be specified by
Deprecated: For internal use. When the parsefnc option is specified, the special pseudo characters
^LNKCat the end of the symbol indicate that a GS1-128 symbol includes a CC-A/B or CC-C GS1 composite 2D component.
- The raw option denotes that the data field is providing the input as pre-encoded codewords in
^NNNformat, suitable for direct low-level encoding.
Data: Count0123456789! Options: includetext Encoder: code128