Clone this wiki locally
Compact PDF417 is a shortened form of the PDF417 barcode that is used in applications where the space for the symbol is restricted.
Also known as: Truncated PDF417
- PDF417 is the larger, more popular variant.
- MicroPDF417 is a smaller variant of the PDF417 barcode.
- HIBC PDF417 is a variant of PDF417 that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
Standards: ISO/IEC 15438, DD ENV 12925, AIM USS - PDF417.
Data and Options
- The data field can contain any extended ASCII data.
- When the parse option is specified, any instances of
^NNNin the data field are replaced with their equivalent ASCII value, useful for specifying unprintable characters.
- The eclevel option is used to specify the error correction level, from 1 to 5. The default is to choose a standard level of error correction that is determined by the encoded data length.
- The columns option specifies the number of columns (or groups of bars) in the output symbol, from 1 to 30.
- The rows option specifies the minimum number of rows in the symbol, from 3 to 90.
- If rows is unspecified the encoder will select a number that creates a symbol that is the minimum size to represent the given data.
- The rowmult option is used to specify how tall each bar is, with respect to the minimum module width. The default is 3.
- The raw option denotes that the data field is providing the input as a pre-encoded codewords in
^NNNformat, suitable for direct low-level encoding.
Data: A truncated PDF417 Options: columns=4 Encoder: pdf417compact