Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
PZN is a discrete, fixed length, self-checking barcode symbology used for pharmaceutical products in Germany.
Also known as: Pharmazentralnummer.
- PZN7 is the seven-digit format.
- PZN8 is the eight-digit format.
Data and Options
- For the default PZN7 encoding, the data field must contain six digits or seven digits.
- The pzn8 option specifies that a PZN8 symbol is required, in which case the data field must contain seven digits or eight digits.
- The mandatory check digit is calculated automatically if not provided, otherwise the provided check digit is verified.
- Note: by definition, not all six-digit or seven-digit number sequences are valid inputs.
Identical PZN7 symbols, input provided with and without a check digit:
Data: 1234562 Options: includetext Encoder: pzn
Data: 123456 Options: includetext Encoder: pzn
Identical PZN8 symbols, input provided with and without a check digit:
Data: 0275808 Options: pzn8 includetext Encoder: pzn
Data: 02758089 Options: pzn8 includetext Encoder: pzn