Source for bwplotka.dev personal website including blog posts.
What it includes?
- Blog posts
- YOLO comments reusing Github Issues (yes ^^)
What open source tools I used to build this?
- Theme KeepIt
- Improve favs & facebook linking: https://realfavicongenerator.net
❤️and it's free tier for open source projects!
- Tiny amount of jquery
- Awesome Github client for JS: https://octokit.github.io/rest.js/
What YOLO comments means?
- Using github issues as comments. For full discussions as well.
- On website in comment sections it gives you index overview of comments, nothing more.
- Prints all issues related to issue. Based on labels. For each new blog post new gh label has to be created (: (is there a label num limit?)
- It does not care about issue status, can be even closed.
- No dynamic reload
- Nested responses not rendered - only as numbers
- No markdown support
- It points to issue filtered list so not really user friendly for new comments I guess
- Trimming all above 200 chars
Can I copy the code for my own website?
Of course, all except (blog content) is licensed with Apache 2 license.