pcms - The Programmer's Content Management System
I don't need a fancy, UI-driven CMS. I don't WANT a UI, and I don't want a CMS that is in my way of doing things. A CMS is too restrictive. I don't fear writing HTML and program code. I am a developer, at last, so I feel more comfortable writing code in an editor than clicking in a UI.
This is the idea behind pcms, the Programmer's CMS: A clutter-free, code-centric, simple CMS to deliver web sites. For people that love to code, also while producing content.
- simple, fast, node-based page delivery system. No database needed, file-based only.
- serves HTML and markdown (which is rendered to HTML, too :-))
- Uses Nunjucks for html/markdown files to create pages based on templates
- separates theme / layout from content
- Support for restricted pages using basic authentication
Create a new site
To start from scratch, you can generate a skeleton site from a template:
$ mkdir my-new-site $ cd my-new-site $ npm init $ npm install --save pcms $ node_modules/.bin/pcms-generate # or, of you have npx: $ npx pcms-generate
This will generate a fully-working demo site. Your content live in the
Start your server
You can start the site immediately:
$ DEBUG=server,pcms node server.js
Open a browser and browse to http://localhost:3000/
For more information, check the official documentation.