This wallet contains the basic functions required to manage your BytechCoin assets:
- Wallet creation
- Create new wallet
- Import from private keys
- Import from mnemonic seed
- Basic wallet operation
- Open an existing wallet
- Display wallet address & balance
- Display private keys/seed
- Export private keys/seed
- Transactions listing/sorting/searching
- Display transaction detail
- Export incoming, outgoing, or all transactions to csv file.
- Incoming Transaction notification
- Send BytechCoin to single recipient address, allow to set payment id and custom fee. Provides address lookup from addressbook.
- Perform wallet optimization by creating fusion transactions
- Provides utility to generate payment id and integrated address
- Address book
- Add/Edit/Delete address entry (label/name, address and payment id)
- Listing/sorting/searching existing entries
- Allow to store same wallet address with different payment id
- Autosave address after sending to new/unknown recipient
- Provides setting to set local or public node address
- Option to use system tray (on closing/minimizing wallet)
- Provides list of public nodes, fetch/updated daily from bytechcoin-nodes-json repo.
- Custom node address that is not on the list will be added/remembered for future use
- Theme: Dark & Light Mode
- Keyboard shortcuts
WalletTech relies on
bytech-service to manage wallet container & rpc communication.
Release installer & packaged archived includes a ready to use
bytech-service binary, which is unmodified copy BytechCoin release archive.
On first launch, WalletTech will try to detect location/path of bundled
bytech-service binary, but if it's failed, you can manually set path to the
bytech-service binary on the Settings screen.
If you don't trust the bundled
bytech-service file, you can compare the checksum (sha256sum) against one from the official release, or simply download and use the binary from official BytechCoin release, which is available here: https://github.com/bytechcoin/bytechcoin/releases. Then, make sure to update your
bytech-service path setting.
Download & Run WalletTech
- Download the latest installer here: https://github.com/bytechcoin/bytech-wallet-electron/releases
- Run the installer (
wallettech-<version>-win-setup.exe) and follow the installation wizard.
- Launch WalletTech via start menu or desktop shortcut.
- Download latest AppImage bundle here: https://github.com/bytechcoin/bytech-wallet-electron/releases
- Make it executable, either via GUI file manager or command line, e.g.
chmod +x wallettech-<version>-linux.AppImage
- Run/execute the file, double click in file manager, or run via tech/command line.
- Download latest archive here: https://github.com/bytechcoin/bytech-wallet-electron/releases
- Extract downloaded tar archived
- Run the executable binary (
You need to have
npm installed, go to https://nodejs.org and find out how to get it installed on your platform.
Once you have Node+npm installed:
# first, download bytech-service binary for each platform # from BytechCoin official repo # https://github.com/bytechcoin/bytechcoin/releases # extract the bytech-service executable somewhere # clone the repo $ git clone https://github.com/bytechcoin/bytech-wallet-electron $ cd bytech-wallet-electron # install dependencies $ npm install # create build+dist directory $ mkdir -p ./build && mkdir -p ./dist # copy/symlink icons from assets, required for packaging $ cp ./src/assets/icon.* ./build/ # build GNU/Linux package $ mkdir -p ./bin/lin $ cp /path/to/linux-version-of/bytech-service ./bin/lin/ $ npm run dist-lin # build Windows package $ mkdir -p ./bin/win $ cp /path/to/win-version-of/bytech-service.exe ./bin/win/ $ npm run dist-lin # build OSX package $ mkdir -p ./bin/osx $ cp /path/to/osx-version-of/bytech-service ./bin/osx/ $ npm run dist-mac
Resulting packages or installer can be found inside
Porting for other coin
Please see this guide if you want to adapt WalletShell to be use for your own BytechCoin fork.