An attempt to visualize an entire program (degree logic, requisite logic, catalog changes)
Alternative model (straight lines and new algorithm)
- Will recognize the program
- Will understand the complexity
- Will better understand how the program is built
- Can work through a couple of cases to see student's perspective
- Can quickly find/understand all of options a student has
- Can know all of the possible paths students have taken to get to their course
- Can easily compare against other programs from other departments
- Find bottle necks, potential problems
Complexity to show
- Program Logic
- Credit counts
- Requisite Logic
- Test outs
- Over so many credits (ex. must have taken at least 60 credits)
- Changes between Catalog Years
- Potential Double counting (not allowing a course in two program blocks)
- Repeatable courses
- Hidden requisites
- 120 credit limit
- Equivalent Courses?
Questions for Advising
- Do concurrent requisites ever have Or's?
- Which course is in the most amount of programs? (to know how many we should be able to display)
Questions for Designers
- Should andsep be different than lanesep?
- Should I curve the edge corners?
- Should highlighting a partial AND edge light up it's portion?