Web application frontend for California CWDS Hotline - Intake
Forked from the Casebook Intake Accelerator
Section 1. Introduction to the Casebook Intake Accelerator
The Casebook Accelerator Toolkit is a collection of Accelerators that are designed to assist agile teams in iteratively developing child welfare products across the country. Each Accelerator has a publicly accessible repo in GitHub providing tools, components and/or assets to jumpstart an agile development process for child welfare.
The Intake Accelerator GitHub repository will enable agile development teams to pull the source code, deploy it and build upon it for child welfare purposes.
The Intake Accelerator is designed to enable the iterative, agile development of a Child Welfare Intake application.
Section 2. Instructions (v.01)
This README will document necessary steps to get the Intake application up and running.
Intake accelerator repo is the repository that contains all the necessary coding infrastructure and tooling for developers to hit the ground running by deploying a working base application that can be extended through building upon the Intake Accelerator source code.
How to Use / Relevant files:
- Ruby version: 2.3.1, bundler
- Node version: > 6.3.1, npm
- The accelerator app is built on Rails 5.0.0
- Database creation: This app is a frontend app for intake accelerator and does not host it’s own database. Instead, in “real” environments it integrates with an api.
- Jenkinsfile uses the following parameters:
|DOCKER_USER||username for uploading image to dockerhub|
|DOCKER_PASSWORD||password for uploading image to dockerhub|
|DEPLOY_JOB||name of Jenkins pipleline that deploys the image to target environment|
|EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_LIST||Comma and/or line separated list of email addresses to be notified if the pipeline fails.|
|VERSION_STRATEGY||CALCULATE:Offset - use current git tag + (.$BUILD_NUMBER - Offset); Anything else - use current git tag|
Tools included with the accelerator
- All the features of the latest Rails release(currently at 5.0.0)
- Debugging with pry and other pry-related libraries
- Rspec, Capybara and Selenium for unit and feature testing along with FactoryGirl
- Haml set up as the default templating language
- Asset precompilation and packaging use webpack(instead of sprocket)
- Execute the the test suite using: bundle exec rspec spec/
- Run all the lints using: bin/lint
Section 3. License
Copyright (c) 2016 Case Commons, Inc.
The Casebook Intake Accelerator is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The Casebook Intake Accelerator is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
Section 4. CWDS Intake License and Copyright
Copyright (c) 2016 - 2018 State of California
CWDS Intake is software developed by the State of California and is a work based upon Case Common’s Casebook Intake Accelerator.
If you have any questions regarding the contents of this repository, please email the Office of Systems Integration at FOSS@osi.ca.gov.