UK Arms Export Data
A list of all controlled goods approved or refused for export from the UK since January 2008.
The data is also available via a searchable application on the Campaign Against Arms Trade website.
Source data from the Strategic Export Controls database of the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- items.csv - Items approved, revoked or refused for export to specific countries
- values.csv - Values in GBP, and rating codes of goods approved for export to specific countries
- ratings.csv - Explanations of rating codes, and whether they are considered "military" or "dual-use"
- sources.csv - Source countries of items transiting the UK to a third country
- destinations.csv - Final destination countries for items incorporated into overseas equipment for onward export
- refusal-criteria.csv - Reasons given for the refusal of licence applications
Several files contain a column named "licence_group" which lists unique licence IDs for cross referencing.
Due to ambiguity in the source documents from which these data were compiled, the following columns may include some inaccuracies.
- Refusal criteria may contain some false-positive matches.
- Source and destination countries may contain some false-positive matches.
- Low price values may be inaccurate by one or two pounds.
Contact email@example.com with any comments, questions or requests for specific data or alternative formats.