Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
In this version some fixes are made to the AutoUpdate feature.
The biggest change is that STL viewer and STL Thumbnail now has its own repository.
This release replaces the v0.20-beta that got problems in some MS OS.
New feature is the test of update on programstart.
The latest Installer is allways available at:
(Case sensitive because the Marlin3DprinterTool.se is on a Linux )
The new version contains a z-binding control.
It actually stresstest the z-movment by doing full stokes and meassure each corner for each full stroke.
IF their is some binding that will be shown as the chart diagram will not have horisontal lines.
The feature is a perfect oportunity to do oiling/greasing of the rods and threads
I think this will be the last version that have the manual license procedure.
The next release will be 0.20-beta and that includes a automatic license-management.
When upgrading to v0.20-beta do this:
- Uninstall v0.19-beta
- Delete the directory C:\program(x86)\marlin3dprinterTool
- Upload v0.20.beta
The reason for this is that the automatic uninstall is not working on v0.19-beta
- Support for BLTouch
- Better Bedlevel detection
- Improved RS232 communication (needed for BLTouch)
- Start with bindingcontrol while doing full Z-stokes. (Chart not working (yet))
- Performs a 4 corner bedlevel control after each z-stroke.
The idea is running multiple times will detect a binding i Z-axis and/or overheated Z-stepper-driver
- PayPal is done with a C# WebBrowser with original code from Chrome.
Done improvements on Temperature chart and added fields for current temperature of all sensors.
Some work done on the STL thumbnail ShellExtension
The STL thumbnail configuration is moved to separate Start-menu item
Solves some of the UAC problems when registering the STL Thumbnail #104
I will have to make new videos. The new design is so different and some functions are moved
Watch my YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/user/cabbagecreek )
The ShellExtension is replaced by the EZshellExtension
Use the Donate button and/or Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3753058)
I will try to keep this Software "free-as-in-beer" with donations of 5$ or 10$ ( = the cost of a beer)
The donations will pay for the commersial components that I used and will be using in the furure
The donations also act as a "like-Delux" and keeps me motivated to develop more features in M3DpT
This is the v0.16-beta
There is so many changes in this release that it requires a total deinstallation before installation of this version
- Uninstall Marlin3DprinterTool using ControlPanel->UnInstall a Program
- Goto C:\Program Files (x86) and remove the directory Marlin3DprinterTool
- Goto C:\programData (may be a hidden directory)
- Rename the Marlin3DprinterToolConfiguration.xml to somthing ( like Marlin3DprinterToolConfiguration.xml-2017-01-09)
- Rename the MarlinEditorConfiguration.xml to something( like MarlinEditorConfiguration.xml-2017-01-09)
The Marlin3DprinterToolConfiguration.xm contains your license data. Useful if you have deleted the license mail.
The MarlinEditorConfiguration.xml contains the paths to current Firmware and fw that you can migrate to and Adruino IDE.
May save some time to copy/paste path to the new config files after installation.
- Run the MSI
- Start Marlin3DprinterTool and paste in the license key in setup
- Connect to your printer and look for the parameter tab to show all parameters that are extracted from your printer.
- Start with testing the EndStops. Test the Z-probe with a sponge to give you some exta time to hit power-off before it ruins the bed/nozzle or other parts. Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bwmh1lIMcg
The distance between nozzle and bed should be at least 0.5mm.
- Try to meassure the Z_PROBE_OFFSET with the new Z-probe gauge.
- When the z-probe is up and running and gives you repeatable values its time to configure the bed.
- REMEMBER TO HOME X/Y/Z before configure the bed
- There is different methods of configure the bed corners.
- Use the "kompass" to move the nozzle to the corners then hit the "pin" button. This copy the position to the screen
- Enter X/Y coordinates for each corner and the "Safe Home" in the middle.
Save the position with the save button for each corner.
Verify that the corners ar correct with the "goto" button
In previous releases the adjusters have positions. I have discovered that they are almost irrelevant if the bed is close to flat from the beginning (= within +- 1-2mm) On 3 adjuster setup the single adjuster is assumed to be somewhere close to the middle between the nearest corners.
The Bed Leveling makes the far left adjuster "the fixed adjuster". The reason for this is that this adjuster is the most difficult adjuster for righthanded.
When a adjuster is within 0.05mm the adjuster is assumed to be OK. The other corners are marked with clockwise or counterclockwise direktion arrows and amount to turn as hour:minutes. ( 1 hour = 1 turn)
After a bedlevel procedure the result can be seen at the surface tab. Beware that the axis is scaled and the picture shows a more dramatic picture of how the bedsurface is bent.
- Do a surface scan .. Almost the same as Bed Level but you can scan with more points
- Configure Z-probe contains G29 responce. Next development is to use that to get visible chart of a G29.
- PID tab has added Extruder. I need some feedback of how this is working on dual printers. (I have only single extruder printers)
- Extruder calibration is possible to choose Extruder. I need some feedback of how this is working on dual printers. (I have only single extruder printers)
- Parameters.. Is there some parameters missing that you are using??
- The "Show Communication" has a Send command that stores previous commands within a "connection"..
Help me testing the existing Issues on Github.. Close issues if you are satisfied with the new functionality.
Add some more issues if you find some new features that will improve M3DpT.
Many Regards to you all..
Some parts of the design uses "drawer" effect to reuse unused space to fit inside 1028x768
This requires a uninstall and check that c:\program (x86)\MarlinPrinterTool is removed or empty
*Resize of all controls to fit 1268x700 (or greater) #87
- Version visible in header of Marlin3DprinterTool
- Not possible ti install older version on top of newer version
The Stl viewer Tab removed from main window and moved to Setup.
Setup of license and STL-thumbnails in Windows explorer can be done without having the printer connected
The Installation and STL thumbnail video needs to be changed