Caddy 2.0 beta 13 is the next pre-release in the development cycle of Caddy 2 and is the best one yet! We recommend that everyone on the beta track upgrade.
We spent a LOT of time and effort improving the v2 Caddyfile for this release! It's not 100% finished yet but it is much closer. We've also updated the website with a lot of new documentation and tutorials. Check it out!
Some highlights (breaking changes indicated by
⚠️Path matching is now exact by default, not prefix ⚠️The
rewriteCaddyfile directive is mutually exclusive with other
⚠️Caddyfile matcher syntax has changed from
⚠️Environment variables in the Caddyfile can be substituted at either adapt-time or runtime ⚠️HTTP route matchers are evaluated sequentially instead of all at once ⚠️New
orderCaddyfile option replaces
redirCaddyfile directive now comes before
headersCaddyfile directive was renamed to
routeCaddyfile directive evaluates directives in appearance order
handleCaddyfile directive enables more sophisticated route composition
- Caddyfile adapter will sort multiple instances of a directive by descending specificity of path matcher
caddycommand now assumes the
caddyfileadapter if config filename starts with
caddy reloadcommand no longer requires
--configflag for default Caddyfiles
- Reverse proxy's buffering can be disabled with a flush interval of -1
- Fix reverse proxy circuit breaker's
http.handlers.rewritemodule's manipulation of URI and construction of query strings
try_filesdirective when used with query strings
- Many other significant improvements and fixes to the Caddyfile
- Numerous other bug fixes and minor enhancements all around
- More details of the big changes in issue #2981
Please remember that Caddy 2 beta releases are not yet feature-complete as development is ongoing, nor are they stable; there are likely to be some breaking changes between tags. We hope you will find ways to use Caddy 2 beta in production and report any issues you find!
Thank you to all of you who have reported bugs or requested features so far. We continue to make good progress.
This is a community effort, so please report bugs, join the discussion, and submit pull requests to be a part of the team!
- Community forum to ask questions, get community support, and lend your help
- Issue tracker for bug reports and dev discussion