Signup App is a test Rails 3 application that handles signup information. It uses forms and has a REST API.
- Ruby 1.9 (1.8 not tested, mileage may vary)
To get Signup App running after cloning the repository, you need to create your
database.yml file. One is not checked in for security reasons. After that, run:
bundle install rake db:create db:migrate rails s
- Signup App contains basic functionality for CRUD on Signups. You can access this via /accounts/
- Account Search. Use the form to search by first name, last name, or email.
- Account Verification. Accounts upon signup default to unverified, backed by a Redis datastore to process
- Verification Worker. This can be accessed directly or started as a daemon rake task (Requires UNIX).
VerificationWorker is a worker that can be used to help process verification of signups as a background job. The code is contained in
app/workers/verification_worker.rb and has a simple process mechanism.
However, the real power comes in turning it into a daemonized process to continuously listen for accounts added to the queue. To do this, run
rake start_worker (code in
lib/tasks/verification_worker.rake for details) to get it operational. It will listen to the same Redis connection Queue uses. If you are done with your worker, simply run
Signup App is tested with RSpec-Rails 2.5.0. To run the tests, make sure you have installed the test group in bundler and run
rspec spec/ to run all the tests.