Hack to improve focus by disabling alt-tab in OSX
- Install workflow in alfred
- Add contents of private.xml into your Karabiner private.xml file and reload it.
- Create two different Karabiner profiles. In the first, do not enable the 'focus-tab' feature, but do it in the second one.
Toggle alt-tab functionality by activating alfred, typing 'focus' and pressing enter.
- Don't use it all the time, or your brain will start finding ways to work around it.
- Use alfred to assign shortcuts for applications you planning to use while in alt-focus. I use
option+afor Emacs and
option+sfor my browser, then I just use these to switch between apps.
- If you really need to switch to another app, use alfred to quickly raise the application window.
- Put the applications you planning to use in full-screen mode.