Nirvana is a golang API framework designed for productivity and usability. It aims to be the building block for all golang services at Caicloud. The high-level goals and features include:
- consistent API behavior, structure and layout across all golang projects
- improve engineering productivity with openAPI and client generation, etc
- validation can be added by declaring validation method as part of API definition
- out-of-box instrumentation support, e.g. metrics, profiling, tracing, etc
- easy and standard configuration management, as well as standard cli interface
Nirvana is also extensible and performant, with the goal to support fast developmenet velocity.
Nirvana provides documentations in two languages to help you expore this framework. Note right now, only Chinese docs are kept up-to-date.
In addition, nirvana-practice provides a practical way for you to get familiar with Nirvana.
- API Framework based on Descriptors
- Request Filter
- API Doc Generation
- Client Generation
If you are interested in contributing to Nirvana, please checkout CONTRIBUTING.md. We welcome any code or non-code contribution!
Nirvana is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See LICENSE for the full license text.