The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the fourth beta release of CakePHP 4.0.0. Since the previous beta we've completed several tasks:
SecurityComponentare available as middleware in the
- Migrations has been updated to use Commands instead of Shells.
- 4.x has adopted the PSR-12 formatting standard.
- A new
Assetclass has been added to the routing package, making it easier to generate static asset URLs across your application.
- The internal request stack in
Routerhas been removed. With
requestAction()removed this feature provided little value.
- Email attachments now support
The migration guide has a complete list of what's new in 4.0.0. We recommend you give that page a read when upgrading as it notes the various breaking changes present in 4.0.
How you Can Help
You can help deliver 4.0 by contributing in one of many ways:
- Check the documentation for mistakes, outdated, unclear or broken examples. We've been trying to update everything but may have not caught everything.
- Try it out! Give CakePHP 4.0 a test drive in a non-production application. We'd love to hear how converting a small application went and what was harder than it should have been.
- File issues for regressions in existing features, or suggest new features. While we're not likely to greatly expand the scope of 4.0, we would like input on what should be a part of 4.1 and 4.2.
- Let us know about unclear error messages or silent failures in CakePHP.
Contributors to 4.0.0-beta4
Thank you to all the contributors that have helped since the beta2 release:
- Corey Taylor
- Edgaras Janušauskas
- Erwane Breton
- Iftekhar Ahmed Eather
- Jason Horvath
- Littley Lv
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Rachman Chavik
- Val Bancer
- kawaguchi masaki
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.