The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the third beta release of CakePHP 4.0.0. Since the previous beta we've completed a few milestones:
- Another pass with psalm and improved type handling throughout the database and ORM packages. Type mappers handle empty values and nulls more consistently.
- We've also done refactoring in the
Mailer package which has resulted in
Cake\Mailer\Emailbecoming a backwards compatible proxy for other classes.
- Uploaded files are now accessed using the PSR7 interface by default. A compatibility flag has also been added to preserve the 3.x behavior.
- Work on the cakephp4 rector configuration has been started.
The migration guide has a complete list of what's new in 4.0.0. We recommend you give that page a read when upgrading as it notes the various breaking changes present in 4.0.
How you Can Help
You can help deliver 4.0 by contributing in one of many ways:
- Check the documentation for mistakes, outdated, unclear or broken examples. We've been trying to update everything but may have not caught everything.
- Try it out! Give CakePHP 4.0 a test drive in a non-production application. We'd love to hear how converting a small application went and what was harder than it should have been.
- File issues for regressions in existing features, or suggest new features. While we're not likely to greatly expand the scope of 4.0, we would like input on what should be a part of 4.1 and 4.2.
- Let us know about unclear error messages or silent failures in CakePHP.
Contributors to 4.0.0-beta3
Thank you to all the contributors that have helped since the beta2 release:
- Edgaras Janušauskas
- Ethan Pooley
- Jorge González
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Val Bancer
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.