Muster the Fleet
A fullstack, MongoDB, Express, React, and NodeJS stack application for building a fleet to play Star Wars: Armada
- Navigate to the directory you want the entire project, and run
git statusto see if there is a repository present
- Navigate to the project,
cd armada-builder-react, then into the server directory,
npm installto install all of the dependancies for server side of the project
- Upon completion, navigate to the
- Once more, run
npm installto install the client side dependancies
- Finally, from the
npm run devto start both the client and server, simultaneously
If you'd like to contribute to this project, follow the below steps.
- Fork this repository
- Follow the above steps, subtituting the
git cloneURL for your own, found by clicking the green button that says "clone or download"
- From within your forked clone, run
git checkout -b <newBranchName>
- Make your changes / additions and push to your forked repository's new branch,
git push origin <newBranchName>
- Submit a Pull Request, comparing the original master branch as the base, to your forked
<newBranchName>as the comparing source
This web application uses React, Redux to render the client side content. It is driven by a NodeJS RESTful API to send data from a MongoDB database.
This project came to be as a learning tool. It was originally written using
jQuery -> here. As skills increased, the application was eventually transfered to React. The secondary purpose of this project is that one does not exist for free. Even though Lucasfilm™ owns Star Wars™, there was still a paywall to use an existing 3rd party, data persistent fleetbuilder.